DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL IF: you will be travelling with friend(s) between the ages of 25-35
BOOK THIS HOTEL IF: You're a newly married couple, married with kids, middle aged couple, an older couple, gay couple, couple travelling with kids, several couples travelling as a group or any other kind of couple i may have missed!
Now for my review...
The reason I mention the above is I traveled with my best friend... we didn't want the Cancun incest pool we wanted a well balanced vacation between rest and party. I found that people keep to themselves at this resort but i don't blame them... everyone is a couple and the resort is so big you may chat with someone one night and never see them again.
HOTEL: Huge. Timed the walk from lobby to beach took 10 min at a pretty decent pace (how fast can you really walk in the heat) Grounds are well keep and very clean. Rooms are nice and pleasant to come back to at the end of the day. Plenty of Bars to get a drink; from the lobby to the sports bar to the disco to three different pool bars, and beach bar.
FOOD: I come from a European background and the food i grew up on was/is always very flavourful and rich so I found 80% of the food FINE. Is in it's just fine. I never said WOW this is so good, there were one or two things i spit out because they were bad.The fruit is delicious and the salads i mixed and made with other salads were probably the most flavourful! If you grew up on mash potatoes and bland chicken breast you will find the food amazing.
RESTAURANTS: Went to the Mexican, Fondue, Oriental. None left an impression... Stick to the Buffet at least you have MANY food options.
BEACH: They water is outstanding, clean,blue ,perfect temperature to cool off in, sand soft. It 's a bit crowded when you first enter the beach but if you walk a minute either left or right you will find it much more enjoyable. The "huts' everyone is talking about SHOULD be moved to the back of the beach and the chairs to the front... who designed this place? I didn't come to mexico so I could buy stuff, I came to stare out into the ocean and swim. Only had problems finding chairs one day.
POOLS: too many pools. the "party pool": would not go in if you paid me money, too many drunk people probably peeing in the pool. ALSO THERE IS A GORGEOUS OCEAN... You can find a pool at home..I don't get why people even bother with the pools.
NIGHT ACTIVITIES: great shows! Good entertainment in the evening. Disco is a riot... fun to watch people dance and then when you've had one two many you're the one being "people watched" fun times.
STAFF: unfortunately because the hotel is so big we didn't really get to know any of the employees but they were friendly and hard working and PLEASE tip them! They don't make enough and work 6 days a week, crazy hours (i know because i asked)
OVERALL: This hotel is not for everyone. It was disappointing a bit because in the past i would meet cool people and we would chat for hours and have drinks, here people really kept to their own 'parties" or signification others. This hotel is seriously lacking (and should take advantage of) building a nice restaurant OUTSIDE on the beach or with a beach view. All the RESTAURANTS/ BUFFETS are in doors with no nice views (especially the ones near the lobby, felt like a cafeteria). ATMOSPHERE at this resort is NON EXISTENT.
*Hotel is WAY too far from the main road (40 min walk, don't even bother), very difficult to get around if your not taking a taxi.
Hope I helped with making a decision about whether or not this resort is for you. Happy Travelling! (A TULUM VISIT IS A MUST, after seeing the amazing boutique hotels on the beach down there, there is no place I'd rather travel to again!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico