Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ocean Riviera Paradise(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Cocos Cabanas(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
9,189 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantssports barfondueplatinum suitemama miaplatinum areale fleurplatinum conciergechill out barla vaqueriaplatinum poolthe grilllas olaswater shoesprivate pooldays in advanceseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding in Playa Del Carmen this month and stayed with the wedding party at the Grand Princess Riviera. The Atmosphere and attention to detail were second to none. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and seemed to be cleaning with out end. The grounds are spotless. Canadians seem to be everywhere there on vacation so that was a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bob O
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went here for a family wedding in the fall - had a great time, really nice place, and the staff is very friendly. It was a bonus that lots of the guests are Canadians. It is a mixed place, young people, older folks and families. I wouldn't call it a party place, but you can go into town for that.
The resort is beautiful, great rooms, everything is really clean and well maintained. We did a couple of tours to the Mayan sites (Tulum & CI) and had a really good time. Everything was booked with through the resort when we were there. It is well worth doing the tours if you like that kind of thing. The tour guides and buses were great.
My only criticism would be the food - the buffet is fine, but really boring. There just wasn't much character to anything, and not enough Mexican food. The ala carte restaurants were the same. Next time, I would go into Playa for more meals, awesome tacos!
Overall, a definite recommend as a resort.

Room Tip: We had a "swim-up" suite - awesome!! Well worth the little extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank super_draven
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We just got back after a week's stay in the Laguna villas.
Last year we stayed in the Yucatan section of the resort and loved it, but this year's stay in the Laguna villa was even better.

The resort was much the same as last year: the grounds are big, but well maintained. The buffet is good for buffet food. Never had a problem finding a lounge chair at the beach. Didn't really notice the beach vendors. Staff were kind and hard-working. etc

We spent a fair amount of time at the Laguna pool. Since it receives direct sun all day long, it's always warm. Not to mention, the drink service from the bar-tenders is top-notch.

We ordered room service a couple nights and got pizza and salad. Good both times. On the one cool/rainy day we had the concierge give us a free pass to the spa indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. It was nice to still be able to read pool-side. I took advantage of the free massage that is included in the Platinum package. I would say it was similar to the service one would receive here by a RMT.

Over-all, a great vacation.

Room Tip: If you're looking for peace & quiet & great service, upgrade to the Laguna Villas.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank R_and_JOntarioCanada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 weeks in June last year. After reading many negative reviews after booking we were a bit worried, however we had nothing to worry about. We had an amazing time at the resort. Cleanest place I have ever been, staff are friendly and helpful. Food did get a bit repetitive at Buffett but breakfast had a huge selection. Could also be quite tricky to get reservations for the other restaurants (Chinese was the best).

Beautiful beach and were always beds, although it is very sore walking in and out of the sea (certainly wont look like a Bond girl),
entertainment was great on some nights and others not so much (althought the fact it was bad kept us entertained) also it just repeated itself on seconds week of our stay.

Some tips for out of hotel, we went swimming with dolphins and a night at coco bongo. Bother we're fantastic, must see!!!

Overall we had a fantastic and relaxing trip, would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Daniexkx
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I went to this hotel from Jan 12-19/13. We stayed in a Laguna Villa Suite - Room 9015. The from was great. The outdoor shower was my most favourite quality. I read many reviews on this hotel before we booked, and I was undecided whether to go with the platinum room or the villa. I highly recommend the villas for many reasons. The perks you get with the villas hands down are the best of the resort. You get a black bracelet which tells everyone you are in the highest room category. Premium drinks, a special menu at the breakfast and lunch restaurant if you don't want the buffet, as well as a private pool with bar and concierge. This area is quite big( the platinum area is very small, people cramped everywhere and a very tiny pool). You get free wifi not only in your villa, but great wifi strong enough to even face time by the pool area. There are quite a few beds in there as well, as well as the most comfortable cushions on their sun chairs. My husband and I would stop for coffee there in the morning and then head to the beach for a few hours, then hang out by the pool area. Our concierge was the most helpful, they will help out with ANYTHING you need (much more accommodating than the platinum concierge as we have access to those lounges as well).
The ground at this hotel are absolutely beautiful! The resort is big, but where the villas are located is absolutely perfect to the restaurants and the lounges/ entertainment in the evenings. To be honest, the food was not great. I have had better at all other resorts we have been too, but all the other luxuries of this hotel made up for it, and we will definitely be returning to this hotel. Great service, no long wait times at any of the restaurants we went to ( I read others complaining of this). Hope this helps anyone considering this hotel, especially the villas.

• Stayed: January 2013