We have been here 2 times and had a great experience over all. I think if you go with a positive attitude you will have a great time. The problem with people and their negative reviews are that they pay a lot of money for their vacation and expect to be treated like royality and one thing goes wrong and it's the end of the world for them. If you can go plantinum it is worth it, your experience will be good overall. Yes the food in the buffet are not that good, but who cares there are lots of variety to choose from. I would recommend the day you arrive get your reservations for restaurants done right away and you will find the food better. We booked the fondue and we enjoyed it a lot. If you can afford the expense, book a night for the chill out dinner it is so worth it, we put our 9& 5 year of in kids club and had a fantastic dinner near the beach. The kids club is great, the girls are so nice and really take good care of your children. The beach is good, the rocks are hard on the feet and their is a lot of garbage in the sea but if you go on the clear spots you are good. We had no problem finding spots on the beach you just need to look and the service is ok in platinum but it's nice to get up and get your own drink once in awhile. Service this time in restaurants wasn't as fast and good as our first time but we feel we are on vacation and what's the hurry time is no issue. When we arrived we encountered a very drunken couple who were arguing with each other and swore a lot in front of our children when we we checking in but what can you do, there will be some people who come to this resort and really take advantage of the free drinks. Also just so people are aware some people think that just because you are in platinum area they think that people with children should not have their children in the private platinum pool. If you want to have a adult only vacation don't come here or go to the adults only section. A very rude French lady yelled at my son because he accidentally splashed her while in the platinum pool swimming and having a great time. Yes you know who you are and I hope you feel good about yourself making a young child cry who was enjoying himself. We honestly feel that you will have good vacation if you make it a good vacation. Just relax and enjoy the time you have with your family and never mind the ignorant people who are miserable with themselves and want to ruin your vacation and their own. I think people are so wound up with anything that goes wrong and it ruins their vacation. We enjoyed our vacation so much that we will be back next year. I also think that a lot of people should tip, just because it's all inclusive doesn't mean that you don't need to tip, these people do work hard to serve you. You leave a tip at any restaurant in your own country, why do you feel you should do it here? All in all come with a positive attitude, ignore the bad reviews you have read, these people who write these bad reviews are miserable and should just stay home if they can't enjoy themselves while on a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico