I was a bit nervous after reading previous reviews since we were bringing two young kids (ages 3 and 1) and didn't know if the resort would be kid friendly. We were pleasantly surprised and our children as well as my husband and I had a great stay. They have a kid's breakfast buffet, menus, kid's club, sand toys, etc that make it a nice place for a family getaway. There were tons of families (as well as couples) so it was a nice mix. We booked a lagoon suite which was great for us and we loved the plunge pool as well as the amazing bath tub (one day we even got the boys a bath and they filled it with bubbles and balloons...a big hit). The only downside to this room is the connecting door to the next door suite. We could hear everything when the other occupants were nearby (and the first couple there brought their ipod speakers and blared terrible 80s wedding band music)...which also meant they could probably hear a crying kid. Luckily they have other doors that close off the bathroom/closet area) and the noise was greatly reduced. I also was thinking the food would be mediocre but we were happy to discover that everything we ate was really yummy - beachside, at the main restaurant and also room service. As the previous posts mentioned, the hospitality was great. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The spa facilities are beautiful although my treatments were okay. Overall, we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico