We went for 6 days on July, for our Anniversary. We booked the tranfer from the hotel (I must say that this is good only when you are arriving because that guarantice that they will be waiting for you for check inn with frozen mojitos...when leaving take a regular taxi that is 30% the value of the hotel transfer and it is just the same..).
They gave us an upgrade from a Lagoon suite to a Ocean view suite...GREAT!!
The room was huge, with separate living room, balcony, an upper floor wtih a round day bed, a big plunge pool with warm water, everything was perfect!
The staff is very friendly, they call you by your name.
We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the golf cart to take us to the lobby.
The beach is very nice, you can snorkel in a reef that can be easily reach with the canoes.
The nicest rooms seem to be the beach front, they are right on the beach (but they are smaller than the rest). We would prefer one of those if we go back, choosing the first ones that are close to the services areas (600 to 608).
The restaurants are all good and the food very afordable.
The best is the breakfast!!
Just go!! you will love this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico