Rosewood Mayakoba
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$256
  • Pool
$347
$237
Bookit.com
$495
$365
Bookit.com
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
$524
$444
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$269
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$334
$1,000
$534
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$241
$231
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
$480
$682
$466
1,873 results
All reviewspunta bonitaplunge poollagoon suiteoutdoor showercasa del lagojose mariaspa islandsense spatequila librarybanyan treegolf cartbutler serviceeco tourfour seasonssun deckpersonal butlerlas ventanas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous! Incredible service!! Food was great, especially at casa de lago. Rooms are amazing! Great desserts at the Mexican restaurant. I can't say enough about our perfect getaway.
The grounds are so well maintained and the staff couldn't be any kinder!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Aaammmbbb
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Absolutely the nicest resort I've ever been to. This review is LONG overdue. My husband and I stayed here in December for our honeymoon and had an amazing time. From the driver picking us up at the airport and the check-in process, to the attentiveness of the staff (including our butler Nick!!) to the amazing amenities....I felt like I was royalty. It was very easy to book activities through the concierge or our butler and they had recommended tour operators, which helped to ease my fear of going off resort without a reputable guide.

Our room was gorgeous - my husband is still trying to figure out how to install an outdoor rain shower in our home. The staff really paid attention to the littlest things - after the first day that I left my slippers near the bed, the slippers showed up near the bed every day afterwards. We loved the gummies in our mini bar and the staff went out of their way to find more. It was quiet in our room (which I appreciated as I was catching up on sleep) but the pool wasn't dead. Definitely not a club type atmosphere but still very relaxing. Speaking of the pool, gorgeous. I sat there all day long just staring out at the beautiful water.

All in all, a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Megan F
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This fabulous resort in near Cancun is part of a complex of 4 new hotels called Mayakoba. The rooms can be reached by ferry on the lagoon (shared by all hotels) or by golf cart. Our room came with a personal butler who explained all the amenities that came with our room.
The bathroom had a huge tub and a circular shower but couples also have the option to bathe in the outdoor shower in the back. The room also came with a Nespresso machine, which was a welcome treat after the watered down versions we had in Mexico City.
The resort had 3 restaurants, including a Japanese sushi bar serving pairings of mescal and sushi. We opted to eat at the restaurant near the beach, which served delicious Mexican fare. In the evening we feasted on a wide variety of tacos while being serenaded by some local musicians. The main restaurant serves International fare as well as breakfast. It was the best breakfast spread we had on the trip, with a large selection of cold cuts, cheeses and pastries (must try: citrus glazed cronuts) and made- to-order dishes like lobster omelette and huevos rancheros.

The beach is a stretch of white sand but the strong waves and rocky bottom did not really encourage swimming. We moved to the pool which is heated with bubbling water and covered cabanas for lounging. My daughter loved that the hotel has a cart of snow cones with a variety of sweet syrups like vanilla, coconut and pineapple.

It was a shame that we were there just for 1 night. We would love to come back just to enjoy this hotel for a longer period of time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lourdes A
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Rosewood Mayakoba is undoubtedly the nicest vacation resort our family has visited. We surprised our two children with this 6 night trip to celebrate a year of their hard work in school and all four of us believe this was the best, most peaceful, luxurious experience we have had.

Once you arrive you know you are in for something special. Check-in is quick, informative and courteous and then they transport you to your suite in a electric boat. Our lagoon suite was near the main lobby and pool but they take you the long way (just a few minutes) and by the time you get there you are completely relaxed and at home. Our butler, Nathan, met us at the room and helped to answer any questions we had. He was amazing our entire stay, just checking on us and making sure we had what we needed our that we were enjoying our relaxing time. He arranged for a private boat tour of the extensive lagoon system which really is a great hour event for the family. He even tried to apologize for the one brief spell of rain we had and offered to have popcorn sent to the room.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. Great outdoor shower, spacious tub that both my children enjoyed bubble baths in (arranged by the staff). Relaxing plunge pool overlooking the lagoon with bird calls that are straight out of one of those sounds of nature cds.

The beach is very nice and you can enjoy the ocean (agree that if you bring water shoes its easier as they have had some recent erosion that has uncovered some rocks). Our family spent hours in the ocean and then also spent time in the infinity pool overlooking the ocean.

The restaurants were all terrific. Casa del Lago was our favorite for dinner. Mexican night at the beach was great and the sushi restaurant was very good as well.

What sets the resort apart is the service. I believe you can find great beaches, nice properties and good food at many places around the world. We have. But we've never found a vacation spot that combines each of those with a level of service that just hits the target with every single interaction, And we're an easy family as all we wanted to do was relax and sit at the beach or in our plunge pool, visit the spa/gym a few times and eat our meals. But every single person we interacted with made our vacation the best one possible. They made us feel welcome and extremely comfortable. Thank you to the entire staff for making this trip such a great experience for our family. We will be back and we will stay longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank CBtripper
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Rosewood. I cannot say enough great things about the staff, service, food and our overall experience at this resort. The car service/driver was waiting right outside the airport - had cold towels and bottled water waiting. Short drive to the resort and there was not a single disappointing moment during the entire stay. Easy check in and lovely boat/eco tour on our way to the room. We stayed in a Beachfront Studio Suite and it was gorgeous. Reserved bikes and rode all around the beautiful property. Ate at all of the restaurants - food was delicious. Had a blast on the golf cart rides - never had to wait more than a few minutes for one to go by our room. Johana (our butler) was so thoughtful and helped us with various reservations, recommendations and whatever things we needed during our stay. I absolutely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic escape!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are directly on the beach and are a short walk to the beachfront restaurant/bar and one of the pools. My preference was to take the golf cart "distance" from the lobby in order to be on the water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple