This fabulous resort in near Cancun is part of a complex of 4 new hotels called Mayakoba. The rooms can be reached by ferry on the lagoon (shared by all hotels) or by golf cart. Our room came with a personal butler who explained all the amenities that came with our room.
The bathroom had a huge tub and a circular shower but couples also have the option to bathe in the outdoor shower in the back. The room also came with a Nespresso machine, which was a welcome treat after the watered down versions we had in Mexico City.
The resort had 3 restaurants, including a Japanese sushi bar serving pairings of mescal and sushi. We opted to eat at the restaurant near the beach, which served delicious Mexican fare. In the evening we feasted on a wide variety of tacos while being serenaded by some local musicians. The main restaurant serves International fare as well as breakfast. It was the best breakfast spread we had on the trip, with a large selection of cold cuts, cheeses and pastries (must try: citrus glazed cronuts) and made- to-order dishes like lobster omelette and huevos rancheros.
The beach is a stretch of white sand but the strong waves and rocky bottom did not really encourage swimming. We moved to the pool which is heated with bubbling water and covered cabanas for lounging. My daughter loved that the hotel has a cart of snow cones with a variety of sweet syrups like vanilla, coconut and pineapple.
It was a shame that we were there just for 1 night. We would love to come back just to enjoy this hotel for a longer period of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico