We loved our time at Rosewood Mayakoba in Feb 2014. We stayed in a lagoon one bedroom suite and have to say that the cabana, grounds and communal buildings of the resort are stunning and beautifully designed. Our private plunge pool and lagoon deck were such a treat and we loved feeding the iguanas and the coatis in our back yard. Our 2 yr old daughter loved the pools and the golf carts and was generally treated like a princess. Overall the service is terrific and all of the staff go out of their way to make your stay as lovely and comfortable as possible.
We also loved taking the lagoon boat between the hotels and going to the other hotels for drinks and meals. Its a nice treat and make a longer stay more interesting.
The main issue I had with the resort was also something another reviewer mentioned...there are a ton of little perks and services that you have to find out about on your own and oftentimes miss. This is terribly annoying and made me feel like I didn't get the most out of my vacation. For example, no one mentioned the free bike rentals to me. Did you know you can take a private lagoon boat ride and picnic? I didn't know either. Ipads for kids at dinner? Nope, didn't know about that one. Nature tour every day? Wish I knew about it before our last day. Meal plan? I'm not a mind reader. And the biggest one of all of them...kids eat free! You heard it right. Nowhere on the hotel's website, restaurant menus or anywhere else did it say this, but it happens to be a policy that kids eat free off the kids menu. Wow, I wish I had known that one before ordering hundreds of dollars worth of meals for my daughter off the adult menu. All of this was very frustrating and easy fixed by a proper orientation to the hotel at check in.
Besides these hiccups, we had a terrific stay. A few other tips below...
1) Bring water shoes as there is a strip of rocks in the shallow end of the ocean. In general, pools are much better than the beaches
2) Use the free spa facilities (pool, sauna, whirlpool, etc). They are terrific
3) Resort restaurants are ok, but not great. Best was the casual grill by the beach, worst was the sushi one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico