The Rosewood Mayakoba is one of the most beautiful properties on the Cancun peninsula. All of the Trip Advisor reviews we read accurately described the amazing property, luxurious accommodations, convenient location, outstanding spa and excellent amenities. This is truly a wonderful resort that provided my wife and me with the perfect antidote for the winter weather of the northeastern United States.
We are very fortunate to have visited some of the nicest hotels in the world and appreciate the level of service that differentiates properties.
While service at Rosewood was friendly and acceptable throughout the resort, our butler Fernando exceeded expectations and could not have been more helpful. Staff members at the main pool were attentive and prompt in the delivery of orders from the bar. Service in the 3 on-site restaurants was mixed, ranging from outstanding to a bit forgetful. Food and beverage options were extensive, but be prepared to pay surprisingly high prices -even for a 5-Diamond hotel- (dinner for two with a glass of wine - $150+) and a ridiculous add-on of 31% to every bill for tax and gratuity. That's on top of captive audience pricing for all food and beverages.
Don't miss the Mayakoba nature trail - great for running, walking and biking - which connects Rosewood to the Fairmount and Banyan Tree resorts. Also, a short taxi ride will bring you to the town of Playa del Carmen and a wide range of local shops, restaurants and bars.
The Rosewood Mayakoba excels in many ways but be prepared to pay everything you would expect at a top resort -and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico