The RMK was amazing. We stayed 5 nights and we were impressed (5 star) by almost every experience. Our room was by far one of the best we have ever stayed in. The service was by far some of the best we have ever had. The personal butler was willing, and did anything and everything we asked. The beach buttler was amazing. They would bring/replenish our water before we would even ask. They moved the umbrella and put cold towels on our heads with out us asking. In that regaurd they anticipated our needs before we could even think of them. In my view that is true 5 star service.
They offed us a complemetary upgrade upon arrival but we found our original room to be more our taste. The lagoon suite was everything my wife and I could ever want in a room. It was tucked away (couldnt see anyone/hear anyone) it was like we were all by ourselves which for us was what we love. That doesnt mean the service was so far away that it took forever to get things again 5 star on both accounts.
The access to everything was quite easy. We had bikes and rode them most places which added to the fun of our vacation. However, if you need a cart they come every few minutes so if you dont want to pedal the cart is an easy way to get around.
The only reason we cant give this resort a 5 star rating is the food. We found it to be really hit and miss. Breakfast was great (I had the chorizzo burrito and toast every day) the selection was really good and very fresh on all accounts. The staff even remebered my name and preferences and seated me and poured our drinks before we could even order (again 5 star). The bad we had dinner at 2 of the 3 resturants and room service. The 3rd was the upscale resturant and it was closed because it was the low season (that doesnt bother me like it would many reviewers). The food at Punta Bonita was just ok. There were again highs and lows. My wife and i both rated our entire meal as average. Then we went to Agave Azul her food was great (sushi and ceviche) my food was sub par (pad thai). The worst however was the room service. We both had sub par meals. We were both craving some red meat and orderd the kobe beef burger. The burgers were both "pressed/premade" patties that must have been old/freezer burned. With a place this upscale I would have thought they would have a head chef or better culinary experience.
Overall i would not hesitate to go back again. I was worth every penny (the hotel and staff made up for the food). My wife and i look forward to a return trip and other Rosewood properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico