My daughter and I recently met up in Mexico to celebrate her graduation from university. This was a special occasion for us as we live in seperate countries and wanted to also have some "mother-daughter" time. We chose the Rosewood Mayakoba as it ticked all the boxes I look for: amazing location, beautiful facilities and accommodation, range of restaurants (but not all inclusive as I don´t really like that option). We stayed for 8 nights/ 9 days.
From our transfer pick up at the Cancun airport, through to check in with delicious margaritas, and the boat transfer to our ocean front suite, it was perfect. We both felt immediately relaxed! Let me sum it up like this.....
Ocean Front Suite:
beautifully appointed, large and extremely private. Our plunge pool right in front of the ocean was a lovely way to finish the day (I even enjoyed it the few times it rained!). The king bed was super comfy and we were able to have the temperature of the room exactly as we liked it. The welcome tequila and fruit basket, and soothing chill out music playing on the BOSE system was great too! Even the arm chair/ ottoman and sofa were comfortable. The suite had a nespresso machine and a good mini bar selection
We had suite service a few times for dinner and breakfast when we couldn´t be bothered leaving our room. The service was really prompt, the staff were extremely attentive to detail and set our table beautifully every time. Food options on the menu were good, and when I asked for some special things that weren´t on the menu, that came without a blip. Even the coffees arrived piping hot and the meals are delivered to the suite in steel hot boxes so no disappointment there!
On our first night, we were delivered a beautiful treat for my daugher´s graduation. A huge platter of handmade chocolates and truffles with a marzipan cap and scroll, and a bottle of Moet. She was so impressed!
We ate in all the restaurants (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and could not fault a thing. I read some of the previous reviews where people were very critical of the food, unfavourably comparing it to where they were from. I don´t think this is warranted at all. Perhaps they just tried it on an off day, but our experience was great. Punta Bonita is terrific for shrimp empanadas, lobster tacos, fish tacos, wood fired pizza, cerviches. We tried all of them and I must admit to having the empanadas and lobster tacos on high rotation! Agave Azul´s sushi and sashimi was also delicious. Case del Lago offered lovely choices and in particular the shrimp and scallop main dish is superb! All of these restaurants offered delightful cocktails and my daughter declared the hibiscus margarita the best she´d ever had!
Pool and Pool Service:
The main pool on the ocean front was where we spent the majority of our time. We were quickly provided with lounges and towels and buckets of ice with water. Complementing that, the servers were appropriately attentive and anything we wanted, was delivered to us with a really genuine smile. Lunch pool side was great.
What can I say?? This was a dream. We each had four treatments while we were at Rosewood and visited the steam room, sauna and cold and hot plunge pools frequently. I can quite honestly say that I had some of the best treatments I have ever had. Laura and Susanna and Monserrat at the Spa were wonderful.
I was in need of some downtime and recharging of my batteries. Rosewood Mayakoba was the perfect antidote to stress and I left feeling re-energised and incredibly relaxed. My daugher echoed these sentiments. Getting around the property on the golf buggies is very convenient and they are readily available when you need them. Sure it is expensive, but what ultra luxury resort isn´t? You truly do receive 5 star treatment at Rosewood. We are already planning a 2 week return trip to our ocean front suite in July next year! Can´t wait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico