My wife, daughter (age 10), and son (age 9) stayed at Mayakoba from 8 August to 17 August. The words, "Exceptional", "Incredible", "Beautiful", "Elegant", "Tranquil", "Serene", "Accommodating", "Genuine", "Caring", and "Friendly" come to mind. Having had the privilege of traveling the world extensively and staying in many fine hotels and resorts along the way, I can confidently say that Rosewood Mayakoba ranks among the top. The property itself, which is set amidst a maze of brackish water lagoons filled with wildlife that represents more than 50% of species found in the local ecosystem, is stunning and impeccably manicured and maintained. The beach is pristine, the pools and pool areas spotless, the cabanas and chairs extremely clean and comfortable, and the water sports equipment (e.g., Hobie Wave sailboat) incredibly well maintained. The magnificent rooms are beautifully and tastefully appointed. Perhaps more importantly, the lush property and fabulous rooms are complemented by an outstanding staff - quite simply, lovely, warm people who made our stay exceptional with their genuine caring and desire to make ALL guests feel so welcome and very special by doting without being overbearing or obtrusive. The staff-to-guest ratio is high and the hotel team knows its guests, addressing each person (children included) by name with a highly personal touch. It is clear by the effort put forth by ALL members of the staff, without a single exception, that this is their avocation as much as it is their vocation; they are genuinely pleased to make your stay better. Staff members are highly trained in their profession (and they have perfected their profession as an art) with little touches like handing guests an item such a a credit card, check, or receipt with two hands extended outward, much like one would expect when traveling in Asia.
I nonchalantly asked a question about coconuts to one of the ubiquitous golf cart drivers who whisks guests about the property, giving all a chance to really appreciate the flora and fauna; he sought me out at the pool 30 minutes later with coconuts husked and iced so my children could enjoy coconut milk.
The staff just could not do enough for us. If you wished for something, it just seemed to appear.
Imagine sitting on the beach in the hot sun and having a hotel member offer to clean your sunglasses and give you a complimentary cooling head massage, complete with cucumber slices on the eyes, and a cool towel on the head. It's a bit like what I expect heaven to be like!
We were assigned a delightful butler who unpacked our bags upon arrival and ensured that each item was neatly folded and placed in the closet to the point where our closets and drawers looked like a picture from a high-end store. My wife snagged her bathing suit cover-up on the luggage - no problem, the butler repaired the cover-up. And, I would be remiss if I did not mention that our wonderful butler also packed all of our bags for departure.
Finally, I must mention the housekeeping staff. Aside from maintaining immaculate rooms, they have the highest integrity. One day, we left our room safe open, complete with exposed hundred dollar bills, passports, jewelry, and electronics. We returned to the room to find a sign in front of the safe informing us that we had left the safe open and that, for our protection, hotel security had inventoried the contents and locked the safe with a new code.
In summary, Rosewood Mayakoba is an exceptional resort with an exceptional staff who provide a first-rate, exceptional travel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico