My extended family spent a week at the Rosewood in May. This is our 8th visit and each one somehow manages to outdo the last. We travel with our parents, our 2 kids, my brother, sister-in-law and their children.
From the moment we arrive, we feel like family at the resort. Many of the same employees greet us every year with a "welcome back!" or "welcome home!". We know so many of them by name and they have seen our family expand over the years.
Once you step on the boat that brings you to your room, you leave the outside world behind and completely escape into paradise. The staff took care of every single request we made and seemed delighted to do it. Truly, when they say "it's a pleasure", they mean it.
The main difference that we noticed this year was that there was a much bigger presence on the beach. Chairs, umbrellas, service...which meant that the pool remained peaceful. There was a wedding at the hotel during our visit, but we never noticed. Our experience was not affected in any way by other events at the hotel.
The breakfast buffet has always been fantastic, but this year they outdid themselves by adding a gluten free area. One of our family members eats a gluten free diet and he was well-taken care of at each meal. In fact, the chef went out of his way to make a special batch of gluten free chocolate chip muffins for us every morning. (which were delicious!!)
For my kids (age 2 and 7), the highlights included feeding the fish, the boat ride, the many activities at the kids club and of course swimming at the pool. Oh, and they were huge fans of the amenities that came around regularly (smoothies, fruit, savory treats, popsicles). Plus, the golf cart rides to each destination were an adventure for them as well.
The rooms are gorgeous. Ours had a plunge pool, three showers (including an outdoor shower), and a huge bathtub. It was immaculate.
The fitness center has been newly expanded and staffed by a knowledgeable and friendly trainer.
Once you stay at the Rosewood, nothing else ever compares. We're already looking forward to our next visit in May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico