We just returned from 5 days in paradise. My husband and I were looking for somewhere to relax, unwind, be pampered, eat well, and have some fun too- Rosewood met all our expectations & then some. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, its as if they can not do enough to please you. The rooms are huge, clean, and having our own private backyard overlooking the lagoon was a wonderful treat. We also loved the private sundeck upstairs.
The spa Sense is top-notch, and I had one of the best swedish massages of my life.
The food is great- the breakfast buffet is not to be missed, and if you dont care for one of the many selections on the menu, they will make you anything.
We spent two nights in playa del carmen for dinner which was a nice break from the serenity at the hotel. Great restaurants and bars, and only a 20 minute ride into town.
The pool and beach are both breathtaking, but i would say that its not really a beach hotel as the sand and water can be quite rocky. We mostly spent our time on the pool lounges overlooking the sea. Beautiful!
What really makes this hotel exceptional are the people who work there. They are the lovliest employees who genuinely seem happy to work there. Why wouldnt they, its so gorgeous!
Our butler, DJ was phenomenal. He was not too intrusive, but seemed to always be there when we needed him. We really didn't need to use the concierge because DJ took care of everything. He even unpacked for us!
Also worthy of mentions were Gabriel at the pool bar- happiest man on earth!
Hugo, Jose, Damian, and many more that I cant remember, all were outstanding!
Rosewood, thank you for a truly memorable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico