We were so excited about this stay and we are overall very disappointed. My husband and I are well travelled and we were lucky enough to experience some of the best hotels of the world. This is the first time that I feel the need to write a review since we have never experienced such a bad service. We arrived apparently too late to check in with the boat and we didnt get cold towels or drinks. The setting is impressive and our suite is gorgeous (415). We thought that the suite would be very private since we have no one overlooking. The problem is the housekeeping team which is the worse we have ever experienced. If you want privacy in your room, you just won't get it. The hotel provide a tiny bag with a pale drawing to indicate if you want the from serviced or if you don't want to be disturbed. The staff just don't care and they ring the overly loud bell at anytime. Sometimes as late as 9 pm for checking the turn down service which is supposed to have been done already. Each day we came back to the room we found housekeepers in the room even if we had left clear instructions by note, email and with our butler. One day, we had a team cleaning the terrace whilst we were sleeping on the long chairs whilst one housekeeper kept receiving calls on his mobile! Again tonight we were awoken by the bell whilst the do not disturb sign was on. I am 6 months pregnant and it took us 3 days before we could use our pool since it was way too hot (36 degrees) when we arrived and we had to ask 4 times and 4 different people before it got sorted out. We also had problems with the concierge not responding to emails with requests for the same day apparently due to some internal confusion. The butlers really go out of their way to try to resolve problems and it's a shame the quality is not the same in the other teams.
The breakfast at the main restaurant is truly delicious (when they don't forget your order like today) and the pool team is very dedicated (when they don't forget your order like today). The food at Punta Bonita is delicious and we tend to go mostly there. You should try the restaurant Saffron at the nearby hotel it is amazing!
The beach is not so great and full of rocks. I fell in the water and hurt my knee when I hit the rocks at the bottom. I lost my sunglasses and they were found the next day by security which was very much appreciated.
For a hotel of this price, the service is really deficient and the hotel needs to look into its internal communication system. We would not recommend this hotel and we will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico