We are currently staying at the Rosewood Mayakoba, Room 303, and I would have to agree with many of the comments posted here. The Rooms are very nice and the service is wonderful. As most times in life, you get what you pay for. There are a few dings that would stop this resort from obtaining a 5 star rating. One thing they cannot control is the out of country tariffs so I would recommend bringing your own wine and booze, duty free shops. One thing that can be controlled is the food quality at the restaurants on the property. I am comparing them to fine dining options that we have at home and not all inclusive type hotels. For the meal plan, it is about a wash, whether you choose to pay as you go or as we did, the modified plan, which includes breakfast and dinner. The breakfast buffet is great, as is the lobster tacos at the beachside restaurant. We arrived yesterday and had dinner at Agave Azul, the octopus preparation was not my favorite and some of the sushi was dryer than I would have liked. You do not go to a foreign country expecting to get the same quality as the country of the food's origin or the US for that matter. We probably will not dine there again during this trip. Last night we went to the one "upscale" restaurant on property, Lago. I had the Wagu beef tenderloin, the temperature was fine but it came out a little colder than I would have liked and not salted at all. I would recommend that the chef taste the food going out first. My wife ordered the grilled lobster with calamari and the lobster was perfect. My son ordered the rib eye and again it was perfect. My daughter had the short ribs which were a tad dry. There are some great dishes here and some that need reworking. I would recommend maybe adding some local dishes that are easily perfected. Tomorrow night we will be having a private dinner on the beach so we will see how it goes. In the meantime safe travels and happy eating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico