The resort is beautiful. It sits on the ocean and a lagoon. The rooms overlooking the lagoon make you feel that you are in the middle of a jungle. One can truly relax and decouple from the world. Yet one is only an hour away from Playa Del Carmen going one way and an hour away from Cancun going the other way. Plus, one can go visit Tulum, a magical place and a must see.
The food is good (the beach restaurant has an innovative dinner menu), but the food prices are over the top. A typical lunch for two costs $55.00 and with a glass of wine and one beer it can top $75,00. Maybe the owners think that those who can afford staying at a luxury hotel can also afford expensive food prices. Maybe thats true, but who wants to feel overcharged?
I would recommend the resort but make sure that before you go, you mentally prepare yourselves so that you don't spend your vacation time "sputtering" when each food bill comes. Or like us start sharing the main course. Or even better, the resort, should rethink their food pricing.
P.S. The Mexican white wines are at least somewhat in a "normal" price range and quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico