Rosewood Mayakoba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Ocean Maya Royale(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hacienda Tres Rios(Playa del Carmen)
1,866 results
All reviewspunta bonitaplunge poollagoon suiteoutdoor showercasa del lagojose mariaspa islandsense spatequila librarybanyan treegolf cartbutler serviceeco tourfour seasonssun deckpersonal butlerlas ventanas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was attending a meeting event at Fairmont and had the choice of the 3 resorts in Mayakoba, I chose Rosewood as it rated higher on Trip Advisor and I am glad I did. The guest rooms are amazingly comfortable and spacious. I was delighted with the service from start to finish, the staff are wonderful in all areas of guest contact. While the GM was very present he did not approach me at any time to introduce himself even though I tried to get his attention to introduce myself to congratulate him on the level of service and initiative of the team.

Room Tip: The only difference between lagoon rooms and beach rooms is the beach access so save the money and take a lagoon room and spend it on other wonderful facilities such as spa and dining.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Narelle M
graeme d, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Hello BFB62. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. So glad and delighted that you chose to stay with us out of the properties at Mayakoba and to know that we exceeded your expectations in service and product. I am so sorry that we did not get a chance to say hello as you mentioned and certainly appreciate your kind feedback.. Hope we will have another opportunity to have you return so we can definitely meet in person.. Safe Travels and warm regards...Graeme Davis..Managing Director

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Was my first time in Mexico; spent 2 days in Mexico city and spent one week in Rosewood Mayakoba. Great Location, lush island, manicured paths, beautiful jungle..meticulous details attention to exquisite, great Lagoon villas ( private plunge pool ) really something special in this corner of the world.
A part from the hotel itself, the staff was great..Hard to find such an authentic warmer welcome than the one you get there. I was not expecting such a level of service and such a quality but now I know what Mexican can do!
Everyone was incredibly friendly , Rosewood Mayakoba is a nice piece of heaven on earth & even if it was a business trip, I had a great time there and I will definitely try to explore more next time.. All people met gave me this envy to return & to travel around Mexico to discover some more places of this beautiful country...Entonces le digo a muy rápidamente !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tonicbibi
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I traveled to the Rosewood Mayakoba to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in September, 2012. We have traveled to several Four Seasons resorts in the prior 10 years and we found this Rosewood property to be exceptional in comparison.

The rooms are spacious and perfectly manicured. Having your own personal plunge pool is a real treat; and the in-room plunge pools are heated at this resort which is not always the case at every resort. The in-room pool allows you to lay out at your room privately and with no need for the "let's go save some lounge chairs" hassle. Huge bonus.

The staff's demeanor, personality and helpfulness is simply unparalleled. We were assigned a personal "butler" named Joel. Joel was the highlight of our trip! Joel would come see us at breakfast and provide us with information regarding our dinner reservations and other activities we may have scheduled for the day. Joel could change or modify our spa appointments, our golf tee times, and our dinner reservations without a problem - and with a smile.

The entire staff was truly the friendliest and most helpful crew of people. Rafael served us breakfast every morning; he remembered our favorite foods and how we likes our coffee. Roberto helped us at the pool each day with towels and drinks. Simply a fantastic group of people that made our trip that much more pleasant and special.

The spa was perfection. Great facility and great services. The workout room had excellent equipment and a comfortable atmosphere. The pools were perfectly manicured and well-staffed. The food at all of the restaurants was really good. The lobster tacos at the beach restaurant were our very favorite!

We will be back. We can't wait to go back! Thank you Rosewood Mayakoba for making a very tired Mommy a very happy wife for a few days!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marni S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel was amazing. We were looking for relaxation and sun... and we got tons of both. We were escorted to the hotel in a private black escalade and were welcomed by an amazing staff and fresh Chaya cocktail (delicious!) We went for 4 nights in March and were celebrating our (2nd) honeymoon. The staff upgraded us to our private villa in the spa section for our honeymoon. The Spa section (suites 700) were awesome... we were super close to the spa and it was very quiet. The lagoon view was gorgeous, we were taken to the private villa via boat and were escorted to our beautiful villa.. The villa had 2 floors - it was bigger than our apartment! The bathroom in the villa was beautiful with a huge claw foot tub , walk in shower, and an out door shower with its own private spa room, for spa service. The outdoor shower was the best! The Spa was amazing, the largest jacuzzi I have ever seen, tranquil spa. All of the amenities were well maintained. I also did an outdoor exercise class one morning at the gym - it was perfect. The gym connected to the spa was small but not crowed. The restaurants were very good, and the breakfast was delicious! Also room service was very good for breakfast as well. With your own private lagoon view, and IM FORGETTING your own private Outdoor Plunge Pool (perfect temperature) you can eat breakfast, relax by your pool, take a stroll for some spa treatment, and then head out to the beach. The beach is quite the walk from the Spa suites however, there are golf carts going around the property. We walked it every day and it was not bad but definitely not for everyone to walk. The infinity pool at the beach was awesome, and the wait staff was great! they even wash your sunglasses for you!! :) The ceviche was delicious. The beach itself was quite rocky while we were there due to a storm I am not sure on the current condition. WE will definitely be going back to this resort hopefully this year. We also had the private car take us into downtown Playa Del Carmen which was a blast , we had dinner, drinks etc and then had the car pick us back up. All the employees were exceptionally nice and accommodating. Well worth the price!

Room Tip: Spa Suites
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenalee L
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We usually stay at Four Seasons properties and chose this hotel because we heard it was comparable to the best of them. It definitely is.

First the hotel is unique in that it is set in and around these beautiful lagoons. Each suite is free standing with its own private entry. No trampsing through a huge air conditioned hotel and riding in an elevator. We stayed in an Overwater Lagoon Suite which means that the suite juts out into the lagoon. Your deck is literally on the lagoon. It has a dock, sitting area and a heated plunge pool. From the deck you can see tiger fish, turtles and an amazing variety of birds. We loved hanging out on our deck, drinking wine and enjoying the peacefulness. The suite was lovely and spacious. In addition to the deck, the suite includes a living room with tv and dining area, a bedroom with a tv and king sized bed and a large bathroom. The shower in the bathroom is glass and opens to a small private courtyard with an outdoor shower. Very private, romantic and peaceful.

The staff was unbelievable. They know your name and even remember your preferred drink from the day before. I recommend the rice coconut drink with rum. Our butler Joel was beyond amazing. He made us feel that our happiness was his top priority. We miss you already Joel.

The pools are beautiful. We did not use the spa pool because we prefer to drink while lazing by the pool but it looked lovely. The main pool is large and closest to the hotel lobby. To go to the beach pool (which is lovely but more crowded), you need to jump on a golf cart or a bicycle. We preferred riding bikes. It added to the experience. We spent most of our time at the main pool. The water was perfect, the service was impeccable.

The food was amazing. Our package included breakfast which consisted of a cold buffet (various cheeses, nuts, fruit, yogurt, cereal, cold cuts, smoked salmon, bagels and baked goods). In addition to the cold buffet, you could order any item off the menu which includes both American and Mexican dishes. They also offered at least 4 different fruit juices each day.

We loved the sushi restaurant (Azul), Casa del Lago (pricey but great) and the beach restaurant (upscale Mexican). We also did the romantic dinner on the beach which was truly one of the coolest dinners I have ever had anywhere. You choose your menu and eat listening to the waves come in (which are only a few feet away). Two waiters stand several feet away to ensure you are well taken care of. After dinner, you can roast marshmallows over the bonfire.

The spa is beautiful, quiet and luxurious. It also includes water treatments and a fitness center with high-end equipment and American television stations.

The only negative I can think of (and it is difficult to think of one) is there are some mosquitos around. They spray the resort each night to keep the mosquitos at bay and provide you with mosquito repellant. I used the repellant and only got two bites. I was the only one of my party of four that got any bites at all so it is definitely manageable.

Room Tip: We had Room 209 and loved it. It was closer to the main lobby and spa and farther from the beach. You can book through Virtuoso or AmEx Platinum and get an automatic upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple