I might have actually gotten a tear in my eye the day we had to leave. This place is truly one of the most relaxing and outstanding places I have been - right up there with Bora Bora beleive it or not. We had a driver pick us up in Cancun in one of their luxury SUV's, and he already knew even our children's names. Johnnie (our driver) was so pleasant and professional we asked for him throughout our trip everytime we needed a ride somewhere. From the moment you arrive you can tell this place is just exceptional. The decor, the landscaping, the service (outstanding!), Casa de Lago (one of the restaurants) serves food that can compete with top restaurants in any metropolitan city. We stayed in a Deluxe Oceanview Beach Suite, it was very spacious, and having a luxurious walk-in closet and high thread count sheets made it as comfortable as home. The pools in these suites are bigger than the others and you are litterally 30 feet from the pool, kids club, Punta Bonita Restaurant and the beach. They provided our 4 year old daughter with a fuzzy pink robe and children's bath amenities. We also brought our 11 month old and we were concerned about getting a baby gate for the stairs. Within 10 minutes 2 maintenance guys were there with power tools, installing a sturdy wooden gate that matched the decor right into the wall. Wow. It's not only about you've paid for and what you're expecting at Rosewood Mayakoba, it's the little delights that you weren't expecting. I don't want to ruin any surprises for anyone because you simply must stop what you're doing and just go, but "May I offer you a [insert something superb here] as a beach amenity, Mrs. [insert your name here as all the staff have memorized your name, face and suite number already]". The beach and pool staff were wonderful. The kids club staff were so kind, my daughter spent hours there most days and each time came home with some elaborate thing she had made. I should also mention we were also there with some friends, they stayed in both a lagoon suite and a beach-front suite (for variety) and both were beautiful. You just can't go wrong here. We do quite a bit of travelling and we very rarely return to the same place twice.... This place, however, is a gem and we will absolutely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico