Petit Lafitte is a small, family run business - perfectly situated along a gorgeous stretch of beach.
If you want a small, family friendly, clean, safe, 1 minute walk to the pool or the beach, beautifully situated hotel with a good staff - this is the place with you.
If you want a large, raucous, all inclusive, alcohol infused 24 hour party, where a walk to the beach requires a 15 minute walk or golf cart - or if you want a place steeped in turn-down service luxury -THIS IS NOT THE PLACE for you.
This was our first, in what I hope to be -many trips to Petit Lafitte. Here are the reasons I liked it:
1) . The hotel grounds were very pretty - with fantastic views from the restaurant, the bar area, and if you choose - your room.
2). Our room, located in one of the buildings - and was very clean and bright and while it might be described as "serviceable" -nothing fancy - it was nonetheless comfortable. The room had a small fridge that was always stocked with lots of water, a TV with Cable (only a few channels, but who needs to be watching TV at the beach?), and a very large and spacious shower. Did I mention how clean it was?
3). The people working in the front office, particularly Sr. Herrera were wonderful.
4). It was very calm and very safe.
5). I loved the fact that the pool and beach and the accommodations are so closely situated to one another.
6). The breakfasts with at least ten options of fresh fruit and numerous egg dishes were fantastic.
7). Free Wi-Fi!
Here the things I read in other reviews that we found NOT be true:
1) You did not have to get up early to reserve a beach chair on the beach -
2). I understood that while we were there - members of the owners family were there....and this was a non-issue.
3). The restaurant never ran out of food.
4).While the area directly in front of the hotel may not be great for swimming - The area TEN FEET away - is really great for swimming .
These are areas (also mentioned in other reviews) that could be improved upon.
1). I wish they would replace the very heavy blankets on the bed with something lighter.
2). While breakfast was wonderful - I think dinner might require a bit more attention - some meals were great - others - not so much.
3). I wish there was some kind of shop on site to buy things like band aids and sunscreen.
4).Also, with so much sand going into our hotel room - I wish there were mats outside the doors to catch some of it.
All in all, we had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Petit Lafitte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Lafitte Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Petit Lafitte Playa Del Carmen
- Petit Lafitte Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico