I looked on travel advisor for reviews and was very impressed, but Riviera Maya Suites is better than the best reviews. The apartments exceeded our expectations, they were extremely clean and very well resourced for a self contained stay. This was important to us because we had a 6 month old and 2 year old. However, the location is right at the beginning of 5th avenue, which is a beautiful pedestrian only street absolutely full of restaurants, cafes, snack places, so we ate out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a freezer, fridge, washer, drier, and fully stocked kitchen when we needed it. When we were taken to our room we were full of surprise and delight. The view from the 3rd floor was spectacular. Just above a canopy of lush tress, the beautiful Caribbean lapping on the white sand......and a huge balcony with outdoor furniture and 2 hammocks. The suites are set back enough to get away from the beach and feel clean and refreshed at the end of each sandy, humid day, but close enough to walk to the beach through the Las Palapas resort next door. We had full access to the outdoor facilities of the Las Palapas resort, including pool and bar and lovely thatched beach umbrellas and beach lounges. Drinking water was supplied,and even though we didn't ask for it, Simona the manager thoughtfully organised to have a high chair and porta cot ready for us on arrival. She is a beautiful person and made us feel so at ease and welcome and took care of our every wish. The daily room service was great, loved having the floors mopped each day, and even my baby's cot sheets made. I can't emphasise enough how ideal the riviera Maya Suites are for a young family, or for anyone for that matter. We had 3 bedrooms each with separate bathrooms, so tonnes of space. I loved being able to do the laundry every day, especially with how grotty my kids got. All detergents, cloths, etc were provided, even an umbrella. I was so worried about travelling to Mexico with the kids, but my husband and I had a great time, felt very very happy here, and very well cared for. I can't wait to go back. Do not hesitate to book a suite, you won't regret it. If you don't manage to get a room with a sea view, never mind, the trees are beautiful and there is a roof top verandah with wood sun lounges for all guests, so everyone can enjoy the elevated view. We had really bad weather for the first 5 days of our 8 day trip, so we really appreciated having a large place to stay indoors when it was too wet to do anything. I'd still rather be there in bad weather than where I am right now. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera Maya Suites has 12 exclusive apartments of two and three bedrooms, specially designed for family vacations by the owners of the well known Hotel Las Palapas, pioneers at Playa del Carmen. The apartments are fully equipped with high quality appliances, in order to fulfill all your needs and exceed your expectations. At Riviera Maya Suites you will enjoy an unforgettable experience at the Mexican Caribbean, taking advantage of the great location of our vacation rentals, only a few steps away from the beautiful white sand beach fringed by turquoise, crystal clear Caribbean water, where you can choose from an ample range of water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling at the Ccoral Rreef, yachting on Caribbean Sea, amazing sport fishing, and many others.Also, as Riviera Maya Suites guest, you will enjoy access to the private beach club, and all the facilities of the famous Hotel Las Palapas, the perfect place to laid back and enjoy the sun, the ocean breeze trough palm trees, and the magical atmosphere that can only be found at the particularity of Playa del Carmen, México.The building has a nice private swimming pool and is equipped with an elevator servicing from the covered parking lot of the semi basement to the three apartment floors.The roof has been designed as a solarium, from there and particularly from the third floor penthouses you can enjoy a spectacular view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea.The building offers 2 or 3 bedroom Suites. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. The main bedroom has one king size bed, the second bedroom has 2 double beds, the third bedroom has 2 individual beds. We can offer cribs and extra bed. There is a large living and dining room and nice balcony with chairs, table and hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riviera Maya Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Maya Suites Playa Del Carmen, Mexico