“Best Family Vacation in years! Sandos Playacar 1...”
other travelers have booked this property
Sandos Pool 1
Sandos Playacar Beach Jacuzzi in the riviera suite with 2 double beds.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sandos Playacar Beach
Jacuzzi in the riviera suite with 2 double beds.
Sandos Pool
Royal Elite Hacienda with day beds & living room
Hacienda bathroom 2
Members Private Pool with Beds Royal Elite
Bathroom ropes
1 Bedroom Hacienda (2 Rooms)
2 Bedrooms Hacienda (3 Rooms)
Hacienda private Pool (1 or 2 bedrooms)
Hacienda private pool
Haciendas Private Pool with Whirlpool
Hacienda private pool front view
Hacienda Jacuzzi
Front facing meeting point
Sandos
A la carte restaurant close to the beach
Kids pool fun and games
Gym
Spinning class
Members Spa
Night Bar by the beach
Beds at the beach for members
Whirlpool hacienda
Celebrating a special occasion
Renovated meeting point
Meeting point bar
Renovated meeting point
yummy shrimps and thin noodles
Golfing for kids and adults
Fun for kids
Cupcakes cafe
billiards
Royal Elite Lounge 1
Bar 2
Reggae night at the Blue Moon
Private members pool VIP.
One bedroom oceanfront
Standard room with king
Having fun
Having fun at the beach
Happy smile
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Sean F
New York, New York, United States
“Best Family Vacation in years! Sandos Playacar 1 bedroom”
Reviewed May 15, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We visited the Sandos Playacar resort in April 2016 and happy to say some of the best family memories were made on this trip. We were 2 adults and our 12-year-old daughter and it was a pleasure dealing with Georgette because she ensured that we received the all-star treatment from beginning to end by extending her Royal Elite privileges to us. Even before we left she made sure that we had our transportation, tours and restaurant itinerary all laid out. She really knows how to take care of her clients!
We enjoyed a large second floor one-bedroom Hacienda which had more than enough room to accommodate us and at least 2 more people. There was one large bedroom with a king sized bed, one large daybed, private bathroom and private balcony area. There was also a living room with 2 daybeds, additional bathroom and private balcony area with a private pool and hot tub in the back of the unit. We were unable to convince more people to travel with us and I’m sure they sure missed out!
I was satisfied with the neat and well maintained resort property. I took advantage of the gym almost every day. I was able to stay active and in shape while enjoying much food and drink. The pool areas were large and clean with plenty of seating to choose from. The grounds were nice to stroll through so I didn’t mind walking and exploring. It was an interesting natural habitat where you always saw iguanas, monkeys and even burros in their own living area. My wife and I both got massages at the spa for a very reasonable price. The staff was always available to answer any questions or help with anything that we needed. Idris, one of the doormen is worth an honorable mention, he always provided information on how to get to local destinations and what it should cost to get there. He even made sure that we didn’t miss our tour bus when we were running late.
The resort made sure to always keep us entertained. Every night there was a stage show in the outdoor amphitheater, featuring dancing and culturally rich presentations featuring food and drink for everybody! The beach was expansive and stretched for miles in each direction with some of the bluest water I’ve seen in many years. Every day there was a themed beach party with plenty of food drink for all. I could get involved or I could just sit back in a lounge chair, lay in a day bed and watch the beach and activities from the Royal Elite private area.
There were many great eating options at Sandos, with five signature restaurants, two buffets and many snack restaurants to choose from. El Gaucho was one of my favorites where I had the best New York steak I’ve eaten in a long time. It was right next door to Fogo de Janeiro with some excellent meat offerings. I think I gained 5 pounds at Fogo the first night the we arrived! The buffet offered many food options in the morning and afternoon, and themed dinners many nights. Some of the best amenities were the Royal Elite member bars located throughout the property. The special attention given by the bartender whipping up drinks and the excellent finger foods in the lounge were just a treat.
If I could ask for anything more it would be for structured activities for teens and evening activities for them as well. Also the wi fi connection was just not good in the room at all. The public area connection was much better.
Once again, the service provided by Georgette was impeccable. She provided a written list of tips and information to make getting around easier, made sure our Royal Elite status was provided and ensured that we had the most comfortable accommodations. I’m so happy that we found her! We are already planning our trip back to Sandos Playacar for next year. Thanks Georgette!

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Large, clean and comfortable rooms
Liked least: Wi fi connectivity was not good.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
May 16, 2016
Wow! Sean. Thank you so much for all the information on the review about your experience and for all the wonderful words about my services. Hope to see you very soon in the near future. Regards. Georgette.
Rick M
“Excellent condo for a family or group”
Reviewed May 9, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Very large and clean condo, perfect for families or a group. Large king suite with separate room with a table and 2 couches, and another separate locked room with 2 queens. Easy walk to the beach. The premium club (this rental in the haciendas) has a separate beach area, pool, and bar that make it worth it. Food at the buffet is what you would expect at an all-inclusive. The a la carte restaurants were actually much better than most all-inclusives. Beach is much better than others (much wider and easy ocean swimming. Easy access to Playa del Carmen. Georgette is very helpful is making sure everything is great. Many emails to arrange transport, make sure all the details were dealt with, and ensure a great stay. I would recommend this condo, and Georgette to all!

Traveling group: Teenagers
May 9, 2016
Thank you Rick and Stacy!! Greatly appreciated the effort in writing this wonderful review. It would be my pleasure to be at your service in the near future. Regards. Georgette.
cakes2002...
michigan
“best vacation ever!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

This was our first time staying at Sandos Playacar but we've stayed at other resorts in Playacar many times, myself, spouse and 2 kids 11 and 8, we stayed in the one bedroom hacienda and by far this was the best part of our stay, we would usually hang out on the back patio in our "private" pool and hot tub, which was usually unoccupied, the rooms were gorgeous, modern and clean, comfortable, the bed in the master bedroom was huge, all 4 of us fit comfortably watching tv before bed, one of my favorite parts of the rooms was ordering room service, it typically took about a half hour, I fell in love with the goat cheese salad and had them daily, they restocked the mini fridge daily with pop and beer, upon arrival we found a bottle of tequila, chocolate strawberries, and other snacks waiting for us. The resort overall was very nice, big, many amenities and activities, the beach was beautiful and at the best location to walk to the snorkeling spot, the nightly shows were really good, the Michael Jackson show is very impressive, my kids loved the super hero show, while we were there they had a super bowl party, being from America this was like being home again for the night, just being able to watch American television for the night was a treat, perhaps that's my only trivial complaint, the limited number of channels and all either in Spanish or subtitled English. The food was excellent but I'm very easy to please especially if I'm not cooking, the restaurants were awesome, my favorite part was that you really didn't need a reservation, most nights we would just show up and be seated, our favorite was the Asian, I think we ate there at least 4 times. The buffet was adequate, the coffee shop was awesome, we would get caramel iced lattes every morning on the way to breakfast. The kids loved the arcade, if we couldn't find them we knew where they were. Another favorite thing about this resort we loved was all the animals, there were cats everywhere which was awesome to us, my son would go and get a couple every night and order a meat platter for them, pretty soon they just started showing up at our room. The golf carts to get around the place are convenient but we usually just walked. There were pools and bars everywhere, the staff were all very friendly, and lastly, Georgette, I've been booking rentals for many years and I have to say that she is first rate in communication, emails were answered very quickly and any question answered adequately, I wouldn't hesitate to rent again, thank you so much.

May 5, 2016
Thank you so much Samantha for this wonderful phenomenal great review. I really appreciate it and hopefully it will be my pleasure to be at your service in the near future. Regards. Georgette..
Diego D
“Great Family Resort”
Reviewed May 5, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Sandos Playacar is a great resort. It features many pools and the area beach is wide and clean. We were 3 families with lots of kids and all of us had a great time. Our Hacienda suites were gorgeous. Rooms are spacious and beds very comfortable. There are 3 bathrooms where the main one has a jacuzzi tub. These suits are spread in small 2-floor buildings having each of these buildings a private pool and a hot jacuzzi.
If you travel with kids and teenagers they will love the Teen Club. Lots of video games and a discotheque just for them.
Maybe 2 items for improvement. First one is the food. It's average at the buffet restaurants but some of the a-la-carte ones are below that level, specially if they are fully booked and serving many guests.
The second is internal transportation. The resort is quite big so moving from the room to the beach or to the restaurants can take a long walk. One of the persons in our party couldn't walk that much so we relied on the carts that drive you around. The truth was that there was only one cart available as the others were assigned to carrying luggage. They tell you the wait shouldn't be more than 10 minutes for the cart (there are 2 or 3 stops between the lobby and the beach) but most of the times the cart left already full from the lobby and was unable to pick anyone else when it passed at the stop near the rooms. And many other times we counted more than 30 minutes between carts.
We booked through Mrs. Georgette Flamm who was always very helpful managing our plans to get everything in place for our arrival. She provides excellent service. As an added advantage you get the same black wristbands members get so you can access the private beach area, free room service and priority reservations for the restaurants.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach, Teen Club, Hacienda suites
Liked least: Food, poor internal transportation
Traveling group: Extended Family
May 5, 2016
Hi Diego. Thank you for your review, it will be my pleasure to help you in the future and to make sure that you have a better service and no delay with the golf cart transportation and that includes your other 2 families who traveled with you. Regards. Georgette.
Kerry H
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great Family Vacation”
Reviewed April 17, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We just returned from our 7 day vacation at Sandos Playacar. We have a one year old and three year old and the location of this Ocean front room was ideal and absolutely gorgeous. It was perfect size for a family of 4 and had plenty of storage. We were steps away from the beach, bars, restaurants and pools which made it extremely convenient for our family. Room service was also fast. The price was also amazing and we really feel as though we got an amazing package. The pools were spacious and had many areas for young children that were fun and safe. They also weren't overcrowded which was nice with small kids. There were many restaurants to choose from and we never had any issues getting in. There was a great selection of food from the buffets. I would recommend upgrading to the Royal Elite package so that you can enjoy discounts on services and additional bars and beach/pool areas. The beach was gorgeous although if you have small children, it was a bit windy and the waves/undertow was significant enough that kids would need to be carefully supervised. The resort itself is very easy to maneuver, very green and lush and clean. I always enjoyed walking through it with my family. We didn't get to venture into Playa Del Carmen because our children are too young and it is too difficult to travel around with them, however we heard from other guests that it is a great place to walk around and dine. We did go to Sandos Carocol which is a sister resort and free for our use with our elite status. Perfect for kids and easy to get to. The staff was very nice to our children. Overall it was a fantastic vacation and I would highly recommend it for families. Georgette was extremely responsive and helpful and Canada transfers to and from the airport were dependable and helpful.

Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: Location and room view.
Liked least: Refrigerator didn't work very well.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Apr 18, 2016
Hi Kerry.
Thank you for your lovely review. It would be my pleasure to help your family again in the near future.
Best regards.
Georgette.
Dowcom
Ottawa, Canada
“Highly recommend booking with Georgette”
Reviewed March 22, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My wife and I and our 11 year old son spent 10 days in a 1 bedroom Hacienda and it was great. We booked through Georgette and she made the whole experience very easy and was re-assuring at every turn. She prepared a 'do's and dont's' for us that was very helpful with our day-to-day activities. She was in constant contact when needed pre and during our trip. She also provided recommendations on what transportation to use to and from the Cancun airport to the resort. If we decide to go back to Sandos I would book through Georgette without hesitation. Highly recommend.

Liked best: Size and location
Liked least: Hassle from the timeshare staff
Mar 23, 2016
Hi Adam, Thank you so much for your lovely review. Hope to be at your service in the near future and please pass on the information to your family and friends and thank you again. Best regards. Georgette Flamm"
hbacklund...
Minnesota
“Memories Made at a Fantastic Resort: Sandos Hacienda {3 Room}”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I can't say enough about Georgette or the Sandos Resort - Hacienda experience. We went with 4 adults and 4 children. The resort was large but easy to navigate, the grounds are beautiful, and our rooms were top of the line! We also had a chance to visit their other resort - Sandos Caracol in Playa Del Carmen.We spent $30 per family of 4 round trip to get there, but once we were there - we enjoyed the all inclusive experience. We ate at the Teppanyaki restaurant and it was delicious - and FUN! They recommend reservations for this place but we were lucky enough to get in due to a cancellation. We also enjoyed the waterpark for the kids, swimming in the cenote and hanging with the animals - especially the monkeys... they were absolutely hilarious! We also visited town one day and had lunch at Senor Frogs by the Pier... fun for adults and families. We spent $20 per family of 4 round trip. We enjoyed town and bought some fun items to bring home. The closer you are to the Pier, the more they haggle you - which is fun if you like this. When you get farther down 5th, it gets more trendier and no haggling.

At Sandos Playacar, we rented a 3 room Hacienda Suite including 2 bedrooms (one with 2 queen beds and another with a king bed) and a living/dining room with an extra bathroom and couches that could be made into a king size or larger bed - and very comfortable. The kids enjoyed having a pool and hot tub just outside of our room, we used this everyday! The family section was very close to us, and it was nice and quiet. We never had problems getting chairs at the resort, it was surprisingly not crowded {loved this}. The food was good, especially at the a la carte restaurants. We enjoyed many delicious meals at the a la carte restaurants - the French restaurant near the ocean was our favorite!!! Filet Mignon with Lobster Bisque soup --- AMAZING! The VIP bar areas also had little sandwiches for a quick snack - and they were very good. They also have a "fast food" type restaurant - which was similar to a Qdoba or Chipotle which was good for a quick snack and our youngest children really like the tacos.

The shows at night are well done, they usually have a kids show at 8:00 prior to the main show - our kids loved this and begged to go every night. The main shows were Vegas style and very enjoyable - no complaints here. We also used the bikes that are available at Sandos to bike 1/2 way to town where they had a nice little area with shops. We would recommend this... it is only maybe 5-10 minutes away on bike. Cute stuff, and reasonable!

I'm sure I am missing things but all in all, we had an amazing trip and would definitely recommend this to a friend... especially kids or a small group. The only thing that might be negative (for some people, not us)... it is a 5 minute or so walk to the beach. There is also a VIP section and bar service with beds near the VIP pool. These get grabbed up quickly but we did get a few during our stay and it was like paradise laying in the big beds in the shade. There are also smaller beds on the actual beach for VIP's and these were usually open. If you are thinking about whether or not this is the vacation for you, I would say "go for it". Georgette is better than any travel agent and is very easy to work with - she replies to emails instantly, she provides tips before you go, she is patient and answered all of my (many) questions, the room was an amazing deal - seriously, it is the way to go! Contact me if you have any questions, happy to help! We miss it already!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Ocean was a bit of a walk.
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Heather,

You never mentioned that you wrote a review, I just noticed it on my listing reviews. Thank you so much for your review and so well described and so much information. You are the sweetest person among my other clients. Please let your friends know about my services and if you require my services in the future, it will be my pleasure to help you again.

Thank you again for your lovely review.

Best regards.

Georgette Flamm.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing