“Coral 108 and Claudia/BRIC Rentals - absolutely amazing”

Encanto Paseo del Sol
Reviewed May 9, 2014

After viewing many villas on VRBO, I thought I was "settling" for the sake of the budget by renting this condo. Boy I was wrong. The complex is beautiful, well maintained and the staff is wonderful. The location is perfect, especially with the use of the VIP card for the Reef Club, which is beautiful, fun and right across the street. The beach there is gorgeous. My condo Coral 108 must be the nicest in the complex. The décor is beautiful, the master bed is a cloud, and the "extras" were generous. Walks right out to the pool.
Unfortunately, my young adult "children" brought some drama for which I apologize. Claudia with BRIC vacation rentals and her staff were more kind, generous and tolerant than I have ever experienced in the United States. She and her staff literally escorted me around the area to help me find my loved one, which turned out fine. I hope they will have me back-minus the "kids", as I was privileged to stay there and meet such wonderful people in such a beautiful environment. Thank you.

Room Tip: Coral 108 is gorgeous and well equipped. BRIC rentals are by far the best rental company I've d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank karyn o
There are newer reviews for Encanto Paseo del Sol

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed in Reef106 for 7 weeks. This is absolutely a perfect vacation retreat. The condo is luxury all the way and this exclusive neighborhood of Playacar gives you maximum safety with access to the golf course, the beach, a marvelous pool, and Playa Del Carmen's "5th Avenue" just minutes away - all within walking distance. The owner was excellent to work with and very accommodating to our particular needs; and, the on-site management team always professional, friendly, and attentive. We had looked at several condos in the area before and this condo is absolutely heads above anything we saw.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank StJoeSnowbirds
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Spent a week here Feb15-22, 2014. Perfect location across from Reef Playacar and we had use of pool, beach, chairs and restroom and shower facilities from 9am till 5pmmeach day. Beach was best beach in Playa del Carmen!!! We were able to bring coolers on beach with drinks and snacks and walked back to condo-5 to 7 minite walk-at lunchtime so it was not an issue not having the AI plan. Resort grounds are immaculate, pool was great and not over crowded with plenty of chairs. There was always visible security everywhere so we felt very safe. Unit was a 3br with plenty of space for 6 people. Also had separate washer and dryer which was great. 15 minute walk to5th Avenue was great in the evening. Just a great centrally located resort well worth staying there as we had all,the comforts of home.......

Room Tip: We loved staying on ground floor as our unit102 Cenote was 15steps to pool....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed: August 2013
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Maria Kudrjavtzeva
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I planned a few days stay in Play del Carmen area and found this perfect condo through Hotwire. I was very reluctant to stay here due to the lack of tripadvisor reviews. However, as soon as we arrived and seen this condo my family and I were so pleased. Location, this is a private neighborhood called "Playacar". The public is allowed in this neighborhood, but they need to give there drivers liceanse to "security check point "in order for them to drive through the neighborhood. So, this limits the public to taxi drivers and tour excursions. The majority of cars drive through here are homeowners and rental vacationers. So, you feel safe walking around in the neighborhood. The condo A106, 2bdr/2.5 ba is beautiful,spacious and clean. My family and I were so impressed of the interior design and cleanliness of the place. A master bedroom with a full suite bath, the second bedroom with 2 twin beds and full suite bath. A third half bathroom in the entry hallway. Air conditioning that works very well. Everything you need in the kitchen with utensils, plates, pots/pans, coffee maker and purified water dispenser. Washer/dryer laundry. Wifi Internet 24 hours. My family and I went shopping at Wal-mart before arriving, so we cooked breakfast every morning and bought all toiletries(shampoo/conditioner/body soap/seasoning(salt/pepper)). I'd point out this is a condo so they only provide you with a small bar of soap, toilet paper and every other day house keeping. The pool and grounds are immaculate. Quite neighborhood. Close to explor, excaret, xel-ha, coba and tulum. A 20 min walk to 5th avenue. The front desk were very helpfull. They ordered pizza and called a taxi anytime we needed. The reason why I did not give this a 5 star because some of the lower cabinets in the kitchen needed some cleaning, one side of the master bed had some broken coils. Making sleeping on that side crooked. Some flying bugs in the hallway bathroom (kept the door close did the trick). However, I would highly recommend this place!! I'm planning a family reunion and scheduling it here. It was wonderful to wake up early and have my coffee over looking the pool grounds listening to the tropical birds.

Room Tip: A106 2br/2.5ba. Living room and master bedroom over looking the pool. Corner unit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RaulNLuBucketLists
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I could give a rating of anything from 1 to 5 for the Paseo del sol and would advise anyone booking to take care. I booked at the last minute through Expedia and tried to contact Paseo del Sol by 'phone and e-mail prior to arrival to make sure of our room requests. By 'phone I kept getting a Spanish voicemail and had no response to e-mails. I was somewhat anxious about this but not unduly concerned. Unfortunately, for various reasons, we missed a connecting flight - I tried again to contact Paseo del Sol to tell them we would be arriving 12 hours later than planned (on Saturday rather than Friday evening) but again only obtained the Spanish voicemail. I contacted Expedia who called me back to say they had managed to contact Paseo del Sol and they would expect us a day late. When we eventually arrived after 36 hours travelling we waited at Paseo del Sol reception for over an hour and a half as they could not find our booking and eventually told us they had no 3 bedroom apartments available. I learnt that about 3/4 of the complex is managed by one company who deal with the likes of Expedia whilst the other 1/4 is managed by another company letting mostly to Russians. The letting agent of the latter company who was in the lobby said he could help us out and showed us one of his three bedroom apartments. It looked as if it had not been renovated since the complex had been built and was rather depressing - we were also told we would have to pay for electricity, drinking water and cleaning. As we were all exhausted from the travel and this seemed the only option we reluctantly accepted. By Monday and having made a long list of maintenance problems with the apartment I had had enough and told the front reception we would have to be moved - I showed them another receipt from Expedia indicating we had paid in full in advance. Suddenly they had a number of 3 bedroom apartments available and we spent the morning looking at very nice, new and clean ones. We then moved into one on the top floor being told it would include cleaning everyday, no extra charge for drinking water or electricity. I do not know if this is generally the case or whether they simply felt bad about messing us about. I have since been told by Expedia that after I e-mailed them the day after our arrival to tell them of our problems they re-contacted Paseo del Sol to re-confirm our booking and indeed sent a fax. That may be why we were found another apartment on the Monday. However, reception were adamant they had no three bedroom apartments available when we arrived and the ones they showed us on Monday had only become available after the weekend. Indeed, two they showed us were still being cleaned. I am still not sure what went wrong. The apartment we ended up in for the last two and a half weeks of our break was very nice (not luxury and 4 rather than 5 star) - it was sufficiently spacious for our family of five adults and had everything we needed. However, the third bedroom was small and the air conditioning was not very efficient. The beach is NOT ACROSS THE ROAD as other reviewers suggest. If you do not want to walk through the Reef Hotel which is opposite Paseo del Sol (we preferred not to), the beach is actually down a short road opposite Paseo, through a wooded area, along two other short roads - about 10 minutes - not really a big problem but definitely not across the road. Self-catering is not that easy (and we are used to it on our various travels) as there are no shops of any substance for food within walking distance. The Megga (avoid Wallmart which is awful) supermarket is a ten minute taxi ride away so don't forget to buy the essentials when you get there. Had we had not problems at the outset my overall rating would still be a 4. Very nice and comfortable with a very nice pool but not luxurious. I would though make as certain as you can that every aspect of your booking has been confirmed - I thought I had done so and am not sure what else I could have done. The reception staff were all very nice and helpful although it sometimes took a while for things to be done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank RobertJE
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Paseo Del Sol for 2 weeks and really enjoyed our holiday. There was an initial glitch with our booking which, after 20 hours of travel, was a little stressful. This was resolved by the next day though.

The condo was very spacious and had everything we needed and more (including washer/dryer). It was cleaned regularly and to a high standard ( but don't expect toiletries, 24 hour reception etc - it's not a hotel).

It is a 20 min walk from 5th ave, so you need to be willing/able to walk some distance to get to the bars restaurants or pay 70 pesos each way in a taxi.

We didn't access the beach via the Reef resort, instead we went to a beach club about 30 mins away on foot (Wickys - nice food), but also spent a lot of time by the large, clean pool (not always quiet due to maintenance work, but not a major issue).

I would definitely recommend Paseo Del Sol.

• Stayed: July 2013