My husband and I just returned last week from our stay at Playa Palms and thoroughly enjoyed our 9 days at this cozy oasis in the city. We stayed on the 2nd floor room 205 and loved waking up to our view of the ocean, beach and pool every morning. We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel staff decorated our bed with flowers and towel art and sent up a bottle of champagne, very nice! The staff were all very friendly and attentive and helpful with any questions we had. Special thanks to Carlos and Luis for everything!
The hotel is well maintained and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and we didn't notice any noise from the clubs next door. We enjoyed having our breakfast on our patio every morning which is delivered to you. It is a light breakfast which includes coffee, tea, fresh squeezed orange juice, toast, croissants and jams. If you want something more you can go next door to Indigo Restaurant on the beach and they have a full buffet. We just made scrambled eggs in our own kitchenette, so it was perfect! You can see your neighbour's on their decks but everyone was respectful and it didn't bother us as everyone is facing the ocean and taking in that beautiful view! We enjoyed a few dips in the pool which was really refreshing.
We found the beach to be beautiful and didn't mind the boats. We enjoyed watching the local fisherman going about their daily routine. There was some seaweed on the beach our first day but that is common after a storm or windy day and crews came in to clean it up and left it beautiful and weed free! We didn't mind wading in for a swim between the boats. You can walk both ways on the beach for literally miles and take it all in. We spent a day at Mamitas beach a 10 min walk North of us which is gorgeous but is very crowded. Playacar beach 10 mins walk to the South of us was less crowded with torquoise waters and white sand as far as the eye can see. There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas for hotel guest use set up on the beach each day. Waiters from Amarind restaurant just 2 doors down on the beach will come and bring you food and drinks during the day. We loved the fish tacos and margueritas! There are hundreds of restaurants right around the hotel on the beach and a block up on 5th Ave. Our favorite dinner was at Indigo restaurant next door for salmon, spinach and ricotta ravioli and great wine. Overall we loved our stay here and will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms, lush tropical gardens and sweeping Caribbean views frame the charming palapa-roofed architecture of Playa Palms Boutique Beach Hotel. We welcome you to enjoy Playa del Carmen as it is meant to be experienced - where gracious service, superb amenities and exhilarating activities deliver just the Mexico you came to see. As the "alternative to all-inclusives," Playa Palms offers a relaxed and intimate departure from the larger resorts on the Riviera Maya. Stay walking distance from the vibrant shops, restaurants, and bars of 5th Avenue, known locally as "La Quinta." When relaxing at the hotel, guests have their choice of amenities and adventures. Whether you want to indulge in the delicious local cuisine, partake in a wide range of water sports, or lounge in a hammock on your private terrace while basking inexquisite ocean views, Playa Palms is an elegant oasis for relaxation in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Come to Playa Palms and Wake Up Inside Your Dream! Enjoy a complimentary Continental breakfast on your private balcony overlooking the Caribbean when you book your reservations directly through the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Playa Palms Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico