Book In Advance
Tours from ScubaCaribe tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience ScubaCaribe
from $99.00
from $50.00
from $314.00
Tulum Expedition
10 Reviews
from $119.00
More Info
All reviews riu palace scuba caribe dive master dive centre underwater museum diving experience these guys shallow dive schools of fish sea life experienced divers whale sharks coral reef an excursion an amazing experience isla mujeres zip lining
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018

We enjoyed a spectacular days snorkelling with Wild Whale Sharks on our fantastic holiday to RIU Palace Mexico. The trip was organised with the hotel rep Richi who was great. Not being a confident swimmer he really went the extra mile in helping me practice snorkelling in the pool to make sure I could enjoy the day. We managed four jumps in with different Whale sharks which was the most magical experience. I would highly recommend Richi, the team and this trip for anyone who loves the ocean and animals. Thanks guys!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Booked a 2 hour snorkelling trip through RIU palace, Rivieria Maya.
As a nervous snorkeler I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. Walked straight from beach to boat, then a great boat ride to snorkelling location.

Two guides made sure we all stayed together and I felt completely safe snorkelling for 45 mins. Saw a variety of fish and even a stingray!
The crew were great throughout making this a great trip, highly recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here and we decided to get our certification for diving straight away even though it was the first time for both of us.
The staff is as friendly as can be! Very good at keeping people calm and safe during dives. We were able to witness a lot of amazing specimens during our dives. Will definitely go back and see them next time we are there! thank youuuu!!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

We booked a tour through the Riu Palace Maya Riviera where we were staying. The price was right, but my wife and grown daughter were along with me. All of us had snorkeled several times before in different settings and I consider all of us to be good swimmers.

Our first surprise came when we were given life vests and told to walk/swim several yards out from the shore to climb on to the boat. Nice vessel and comfortable 20 minute trip to reef. Little instruction was provided before entering the water to snorkel and several struggled. Water was murky even though it was a sunny day and we saw very little fish, although we did see a small stingray. Tour was unorganized and once back on the boat we were offered water in a cup, which was fine.

Once we had traveled and got back near hotel, we were asked to jump off the boat with our life jackets on and swim to shore! This was out off shore beyond even the hotel’s beach swim buoys and through the current. Some struggled and if you were not a good swimmer, you would have been frightened and left on your own. This would not work with children at all. I recommend finding a different tour for safety and the overall experience.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I used this company on site at Riu Playacar to book two reef dives, Cenotes dive and a full day excursion. The first reef dive and the cenotes dive I did by myself, my 24year old son went on the second reef dive with me and my 19 year old son joined the two of us for the excursion. All the dive staff and the sales guy at the dive shack were fantastic. Since we had limited time, I ended up doing the same reef two days in a row. That was a bit disappointing since Playa del Carmen doesn’t compare to the reefs at Cozumel where I dive last year, but it was great for my son who is a real beginner and got me in practice for the cenotes. The reef dives were the only reason I took off one star because they were well done, but just not that exciting.

Cenotes scuba diving was a truly mystical experience. We went with only three divers plus the dive master and it was amazing. We went through great caverns and came up in a couple of open cathedral type caves where we were the only ones there. I highly recommend doing the cenotes dive if you have some experience because it was so unique. Scubacaribe limits the number of divers and it was very personal and safe.

The other real highlight of our trip was the all day excursion. First, we took a van from the hotel to Tulum and got an archeological tour. It was very interesting and I think we had a glimpse into Mayan life. Then, we took a short ride to a shallow reef and took a boat out for snorkeling. We saw great schools of fish and several sea turtles. Really fun! Next we had a traditional Mexican lunch that was at a place where you could order any kind of taco. It was very delicious! My football player son ate six tacos. Then we went to the cenotes where we had a Mayan shaman ceremony. After that we went swimming in a couple of the cenotes that were quite beautiful. Finally we did three different zip lines over the jungle. We loved every minute of our day! Our tour guide, Carlos, made it extremely memorable. If you have teens or older this is a must-do excursion.

I would recommend ScubaCaribe for their personal service and the location right at the hotel. Next time I’d probably book the dive trip to Cozumel in advance.

Date of experience: March 2018