“Beautiful & Difficult Golf Course”
Review of Playacar Golf Club - CLOSED

Playacar Golf Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I played this course in July with my dad and 2 friends. The course was great. It's typically $200 per person, we were able to get a discount due to the room we selected at the Gran Porto. We paid $100 which included clubs ($50) food and drink ($15) and cart ($35.) I didn't mind paying $100 for golf, but the golf balls were $5-$7 per ball! Next time I'll learn my lesson and through a few sleeves and my golf glove in my suitcase.

They provide excellent clubs, but there isn't a chance to use the driver much. Mostly blind tee shots and lots of dog-legs. Greens are guarded by bunkers and there is some winding water. We play a 2 on 2 scramble and shot a 90!

3  Thank Brandon E

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice course that is forgiving for tourists. There is a nice selection of natural features and rocks, some in play, others not. Some interesting holes. If you are not used to the heat, play early!

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have golfed here several times now. Really disappointed as there has been a change in ownership and the quality of the course has deteriorated significantly. The staff are NOT friendly and when we golfed in May this year, the greens were filled with sand, the course is in bad shape. If you are just looking for a fun round of golf and not planning to keep score, this might be okay for you. I am a bad golfer so it was a nice day but it frustrated my husband who is a more serious golfer.

2  Thank Sara L
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great way to spend 4 hours, playing golf at the all inclusive playacar course. Played many times and I am always impressed with how friendly the staff are and with the all inclusive food and drink!! Excellent value

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We eat before and after golf. Breakfast buffet is typical fare. Nothing spectacular either way. Lunch is ordinary club sandwich type stuff.

1  Thank WafisGak