“Awesome food and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Brocherie

La Brocherie
Ranked #13 of 1,106 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
San Diego, California
“Awesome food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

What a find! Delicious, top quality and Inexpensive! Cannot be beat for the price! Plus the owner Fabian is an absolute delight! Went back twice during our stay and will be back next trip to Playa!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, TX
“fantastique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A fabulous find from trip advisor. This is another restaurant that is just a little detour from 5th Avenue. We decided on three items to share because we couldn't decide on just one item. We ordered the cheese panini, the chicken with rice and the chicken cordon bleu. We also got a salad. The dishes were all delicious! The chicken was very tender and delicious in all the dishes. If we ever return to PDC, this restaurant is one we would re-visit. We really enjoyed our dinner and conversing with the owner. He was very insightful about the Mayan culture and with his recommendations about what to visit. We wish we had gone to his restaurant the first night we were in PDC instead of the night before we left! My recommendation to all PDC visitors--when choosing where to eat, STAY OFF 5th Avenue. The best finds were on the side streets where the owner is the server and the cook. They will take more pride in their dishes and making sure their customers are happy---and the owner of La Brocherie is a wonderful example of that!
Two more thoughts: #1-make sure to have dessert (and they have lots of options)!!! and #2-you will be shocked when you get your bill, as the prices are so reasonable!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Edmonton, Canada
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

They were totally off our list when we found this cute place. Fabian the owner is an awesome French guy who is married to a beautiful Mexican Senora. The food was excellent. I never tsted chicken this good ever. The prices in my opinion were fairly low in my opinion, maybe I think this, because quality, usually deserves a higher price. My meal consisted of 1/2 Pollo,+1/4 Rice (arroz)+ Tortilla+soda+Salsa. I declined the Salsa and Fabian provided a bowl of picante sauce made by his wife to try. The combination with the meal was delicious, my lips didn't catch fire, so it was great to savor the meal.

My wife had a chicken and Pasta meal and was blown away by the taste, She also had a chocolate Mousse, I tasted it and it was absolutely delicious. I going back before we leave...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pearlieman
“Definitely one of the best restaurants in downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Without a doubt La Brocherie is one of the best places to eat in Playa del Carmen. It is quite obvious that the French cook/owner is a professional restaurateur; the food is high quality, always cooked to absolute perfection, & he also pays a lot of attention to customer service & satisfaction. You really cant find better value for money in Playa either, with prices around 50 - 100 pesos per person (including drinks).

• Visited June 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Low cost, fantastic flavor, friendly owner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I were getting a little tired of the hustle and bustle on the main drag, so we ventured out into the town a bit...

We found this cute little French Rotisserie on Av. 15. We both ate like Kings, and the chicken was PERFECTLY cooked; lightly crispy/golden brown skin, moist meat, and the herbs (rosemary I think) were obviously very fresh. The rice that came with it also had a great flavor. We loved it, but we were shocked when the bill, drinks and all came to 96 pesos... A great deal considering the same meal quality (if you could find it) on the main drag would've cost 2-3x that price.

I would highly recommend this restaurant!!! It's on the way to the Walmart Supermarket, where we would buy our snacks and water for the week.

• Visited June 2014