If you're the type that likes to get to the beach in no time, enjoy newer facilities and great hospitality, likes to walk and experience culture this hotel is for you. We're staying in the El Taj oceanfront. It is so close to all the activities and yet feels far. Our room has a side view from the front terrace # 342 of the beautiful turquoise ocean. The hotel is Balinese inspired with many beautiful touches and mostly curved walls ( good feng shui) We enjoy swimming in the pool at the El Taj Oceaside,( a few feet away) since it's bigger and it has a heated jacuzzi, the entire week, we were the only ones there. When we arrived we went to Walmart ( a longer walk or very short cab ride) to stock up on snacks, beer and sandwich supplies.
We were given the choice of including a breakfast (@ $12 a day) I would have rather not since we will not use two days. One we went on a tour to Chechen Itza and left early and it was not open yet and the last day we will also leave too early. The breakfast eggs are VERY good, try huevos rancheros and chilaquiles. The portions are enough to satisfy and nourish, not the size that we Americans are used to, which could feed 4!
About Massages- I had a very nice massage at the the spa for $55 by Flor and a also a nice massage by Tere at Teres massage ( half a block away) toward Blue Parrot for $35, she runs her one woman show from her rented spot, it's a small place and shes been there 8 years. I'm a spa owner, and both are professional to American training standards. At the spa ( nicer decor) make sure you pay with dollars or pesos, if you want to use a credit card, you pay 11% more to cover credit fees.
I was talking to an American at the pool and we said we would write a nice review but we're afraid when we want to book, there won't be availabilities ;-)
You won't regret being here. hurry up a reserve! I am writing while feeling the tropical breeze. OH, forgot WIFI is $50 a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico