El Taj was such a great pic. We recently stayed their for a destination wedding. The bride/groom picked El Taj after doing extensive reseach of the area & we are all glad they did! We stayed in the 3 bed/3 bath penthouse suite with them and another couple. The bedrooms were roomy, the bathrooms were updated & the living area was large. The rooftop was HUGE & came with a hot tub overlooking the ocean. It was the perfect place to stay. Service was fast & friendly too. The front desk helped with everything they could.
Only complaints (minor) - the showers ran out of hot water very quickly. The hot tubs broke a few times & didn't get that hot. The maid decorated the wrong room on the wedding night (funny but could have been a disaster if the bride found out). Overall very minor things that didn't infringe on our fantastic time.
The pool was a bit strange b/c you really couldn't sit by it if you wanted sun. The only place to sit was the chairs on the sand by the ocean. You could always find one which was great. And the staff were very friendly & always willing to get you an umbrella if it was too hot. The service was good too. Shout out to Robert & Hugo. For breakfast - get the Hugo special. It was my husband's favorite dish and he ate it every day. Including breakfast was a huge plus in our eyes too. And that you could get it from either the beach area or a real restaurant down the block was great too. (The restaurant is better in my opinion). Also The Gym is free too and a short walk.
We would all definitely go back but make sure you stay in the ocean view rooms. Some of the wedding guests stayed on the other side of the hotel and didn't have a view. They weren't as happy as we were.
Lastly location was great. Walking distance to 5th ave (I think thats the name) where there are TONS of bars, restaurants, shops, etc... Also the club area is a few blocks away too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico