We stayed there from September 26 - October 1 2013. The condo was beachfront and beautiful. The build quality was impressive; stone floors, tasteful and colorful decor, comfortable (firm) bedding, and spacious bathrooms. The staff were extremely helpful and generous, and the meal tickets and coupons you receive are actually worth it. The Indigo Beach club restaurant was our choice for breakfast/brunch; the service was great.
There are only a few complaints:
1) The beach - it isn't very usable because of all the fishing boats docked in the water. The sand and everything are great, and there is also a dock to take out to the clearer parts of the water (it's still only waist deep at the end of the dock).
2) The music. Our unit (333) was on the first level and we were relatively close to the beach where the speakers are so we could hear it constantly while outside. It is a mix of covers and lounge style music, but poorly done (imagine "keep bleeding your love" done as a smooth jazz cover). Hopefully they will take heed of our recommendation to pick something with less lyrics and more background noise (like Hotel Costes or the W Hotels soundtracks).
Other than that, it was a fabulous deal and a great spot. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the downtown area that is close to the nightlife and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico