My first and only review on TripAdvisor was back in 2011 after we stayed at El Taj in July for a three week visit. I simply wasn't aware that such a genuinely amazing experience was possible — my previous resort experiences could best be described as average and not necessarily too memorable. That certainly changed after my experience at El Taj. Since then, our family has returned for a one week stay in March 2012 and a three week stay in August 2012. I am now in the process of finalizing arrangements for a one week visit in March of this year, which has brought back some fantastic memories, so I thought that I would relive them a bit on TripAdvisor!
For our one week visit in March 2012, my wife, two teenagers and I stayed in a three bedroom penthouse at El Taj Beachside. Our previous stay had been in a three bedroom penthouse at El Taj Oceanfront, so we had an opportunity to compare the two. What we discovered is that there is essentially no difference between the two in terms of room sizes, amenities and roof terraces. The only differences that we noticed is that staying at Oceanside added about 60 seconds to our walk over to the Indigo Beach Club, while on the other hand, at Oceanside we were closer to our favourite pool — an iridescent black-tiled one!
One other difference we noticed between our Spring versus Summer visit was that the air and ocean temperature were not quite as hot. We all wound up agreeing that we prefer the higher summer air and ocean temperatures — we realize that we might be in the minority in this regard!
For our three week visit in August 2012, we stayed at a three bedroom penthouse at El Taj Oceanside. As usual, our transportation from the airport, arranged through Condo Hotels, went off without a hitch. We all loved our return to the extra summer heat! Similar to all of our previous visits, the room, amenities and service were first class. The Gym had expanded since our previous visit and we all made good use of the well equipped facility. We enjoyed dining at the newly opened Imprevest restaurant — the food was spectacular and we returned for a couple of brunch visits, even though we typically enjoy all of our breakfasts at Indigo Beach at El Taj. We just couldn't resist!
Even though our kitchen had all that we needed to prepare meals ourself, as usual we dined out every night at one of the many fantastic restaurants in Playa. In addition to Imprevest, just a few that include both casual and fine dining: Oh Lala, Kaxapa Factory, Bro Chetas, Curry Omm, El Fogon, GG, Indigo Beach — the list could go on and on.
As usual, the aspect of our stays at El Taj that have made the greatest impression on us is the friendliness of the staff and their incredible attention to detail and service. From the front desk to the cleaning staff, the restaurant staff to the beach crew — all are truly amazing and they have made each our stays very enjoyable and memorable.
My family and I are definitely looking forward to our return to Playa in March!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico