El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Blue Parrot Suites(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Playa Palms Beach Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Cohiba(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel Eclipse(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Blue Beach Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
1,483 results
All reviewsbeach clubfishing boatscondo hotelhot tubindigo restaurantwhite noise machinebedroom penthousewasher and dryerfull kitchenrooftop terracebeautiful condorecommend elwater coolerlight sleeperrestaurants and shopsprivate balconybeach chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I spent ten nights at this great hotel and I loved it. All the staff were really friendly and helpful at all times.. I had a one bedroom apartment.. The sign on the door was very practical, you could choose if you wanted full service for cleaning or only the towels changed etc.. The beach right in front is beautiful and the food was really good as well. I would like to thank Kicke on the beach, Rodrigo and Alfredo at the restaurant for their excellent and friendly service.. Also Manuel, the concierge, helped me out a lot with activities I could do during my stay.. And I enjoyed everything! The gym and the spa were also awesome... I definitely recommend it and I would like to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned from another trip to ElTaj. We keep returning because it is simply the best. We actually saw the owner there for a photo shoot with all his employees. He treated them with such respect. This hotel has learned what it takes to succeed. Service, service, and service. Every employee greets you and asks if they can help. We had a small issue upon arrival as the unit that we had reserved from last year, wasn't available. The manager on duty upgraded us to a spectacular suite which we already reserved for next year. Thank you Mr Perlman for a wonderful facility.

Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here on my honeymoon it's a beautiful hotel the staff was very good and helpful the room was gorges the beach was breathtaking the pool is heated there's a stunning coy fish pond at the entrance and by the restaurant there's a privet jacuzzi by the room me and my wife loved it we hope to come back soon

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Monipiamenta
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really can't say enough about the hotel/condos and Playa. I am a research freak when it comes to vacations and am surprised by any negative comments on this resort. The decor, staff, location, etc etc....can't be beat. We stayed on the Beachside (which is really like 20 extra steps to the sand) had the beautiful pool to ourselves, and the rooftop terrace is exceptional (though we only used the jucuzzi a couple times, if we were w/ a group of friends it would have been used more.) There was no sales pitch and the concierge guys Miguel and William were there if you needed them. We were getting in late so e-mailed ahead asking for some grocery staples for the kids. Our fridge was stocked w/ all we asked for for a small service charge,,,Awesome!
The owner of the Indigo(Franchesco) was friendly and open to suggestions. The staff there, shout out to KIKI (who helped me w/ my spanish :)) and Crispen who took care of my boys and husband at breakfast every morning w/ a huge smile and hug and would have chairs on the beach ready for us. We felt truly cared for and special.....we were all terribly sad when we had to leave for our next week down the road at an all-inclusive...yuck! Make sure you try the Mediterainian style restaurant for breakfast a block back (sister hotel) delicious and live music! Also...massages on the beach for 70 mins at $18 us! Where else (besides Thailand) can you get that? My 7 & 9 yr old boys loved that! I could go on forever about this place....I'll leave it at, I want to buy a condo!Lastly...the hotel was showing full when I tried to book so I went through an owner Laura Leli Carmine (she owns several units but also helps to book for the hotel) she was amazing!! found us a unit at a great price and answered all my many e-mails, and even a phone call. Thank you Laura!

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper so asked the hotel to get us a fan for white noise. Even w/out it, did not hear a thing...the only time you hear the bump of the night clubs is if you are on the patio. Unlike the next resort we stayed in where we heard our neighbor cough and snore!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recomend and INVITE people to stay at EL TAJ hotel, I have just returned from a wonderful vacation with 5 of my best friends, we stayed at EL TAJ OCEAN FRONT HOTEL for 5 nights DEC 2-7 2012, and they made us feel like queens in a castle. The rooms were spacious and were always clean, the views from our terrace and from our own rooftop were amazing!! We enjoyed a lot our stay,
The people that works there really made this trip UNFORGETABLE, we got a smile and good service since they picked us up at the airport in Cancun, at the front desk, at indigo bar, the man that gives you the beach towels and clean your sun glasses, the one that helps you find a lounge chair at the beach, the one that goes several times to ask you if you wish to have a shade, the waiters, the girls who do the cleaning (SHE ALSO WASHED THE DISHES), the guys who helps you with your luggage, the people at the gym, I have only good things to say because EVERY THING WE ASKED FOR, WE GOT IT INMEDIATLY!!.....,
The 5th ave is only 1 block away, so you can rest in the peace of the hotel and walk to the 5th ave to entretain, shop, etc
CONGRATULATIONS TO EL TAJ HOTEL!! I will saty there again for sure and will invite my family and friends to go and fell like a QUEEN OR KING too.

Room Tip: We had the penthouse 340 it has 3 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a rooftop, but we looked to the other rooms that only had 1 room or 2 and were as pretty as ours, so it depends in how many people you are and how much do you want to spend but REALLY....EL TAJ is the best hotel in Playa.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends