Went to Playa for a girls trip Veteran's Day weekend. Stayed in unit 309, in the beachside building. The property is beautiful. Loved the Balinese decor, modern design and high end finishes. Felt like i was staying in a 5 star hotel suite. Lovely, immaculate grounds, beautiful beach front and friendly attentive service. The location is ideal, great restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping within walking distance, as was the ferry to Cozumel. The only thing I would change is the boats docked in front of the Indigo Beach Club (which I knew about going in thanks to previous reviews). Indigo Beach club was awesome. Chaise lounges and beach beds with full drink and menu service on the beach. Great ceviche and top shelf margaritas. Our package included breakfast at Imprevist or Indigo every morning. You can't beat the view at Indigo Beach club, but the breakfast was just okay. Imprevist breakfast, however, was outstanding. Fruit, a basket of breakfast breads with homemade jam, yogurt with honey and granola, AND your choice of delicious hot breakfast options to order off of their menu. The waitress there was lovely, her name escapes me but she was working the entire restaurant by herself every morning with a smile. Manuel at the front desk was wonderful. We had a blast. I plan to return with my family and would not hesitate to recommend El Taj to anyone I know that wants to visit the Mayan Riviera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico