El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel
$191
$610
$587
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$293
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$413
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
1,494 results
All reviewsbeach clubfishing boatscondo hotelhot tubindigo restaurantwhite noise machinebedroom penthousewasher and dryerfull kitchenrooftop terracebeautiful condorecommend elwater coolerlight sleeperrestaurants and shopsprivate balconybeach chairs
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This is my second trip to EL TAJ. I am usually dexcribed as too picky when it come to hotels. Hotels arethe most important part of my trip. I love this place. Its location is perfect. The walk to anything you want such as Walmart to load up on groceries, restaurants, the beach in front, the pool, the spa. You dont need a vehicle and i love that. (unless you want one of course to go touring around).

I've been to many "5 star hotels" in Mexico. THIS is truly a 5 star!!!!.
Its good for solo travelers, families, couples, basically it takes care of anyone and their needs.

A must try!!

Bashar Kamel
Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bashar911
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We got married in November 2010 and stayed at El Taj Condo Hotel (www.eltaj.com) with a number of our wedding guests. We had the best stay and had such an amazing experience at El Taj! El Taj Condo Hotel is a quaint, upscale beachfront hotel located in the center of Playa del Carmen and right on the beach. You are less than a five-minute walk to all the best restaurants, bars and clubs. The hotel offers complimentary parking on site, and free access to the largest, upscale gym in Playa del Carmen (2 minute walk away). The hotel rooms are condos owned by private owners, but maintained by one company, so you get all the benefits of a full condo with all the services of an upscale hotel. The hotel was built in 2010, so everything is brand new with modern kitchens, spacious bedrooms, nice bathrooms, and each unit has a large balcony. The décor is very similar amongst all the units. The best units are the penthouses along the beachfront, which have amazing rooftop decks with full BBQ equipment, jazuzzi and lounge furniture. Fantastic views and a great beach right there!! Since it was our wedding we stayed in one of the penthouses and it was worth every penny. What a luxurious experience!

Lourdes Diaz, the hotel manager, provided the best service! She took care of all of our guest reservations and booked transportation from the airport for some of our guests. The hotel offered generous discounts if we booked a certain number of rooms for our wedding. Our guests loved their stay there and still rave about it today! The staff was so friendly and helpful with all the things I needed for my wedding. I couldn’t believe it. We dropped off our wedding dress and groom’s suit at the front desk at the last minute and they got it steamed for us and delivered it to our room within 2-3 hours on the day of our wedding. The dress and suit looked great! They went above and beyond the call of duty. I really feel like they are family to me.

The best thing about this hotel is that you are in the heart of the action of Playa del Carmen, but can also get a very quiet, private experience while staying at the hotel. There are two large, popular beach clubs two doors down from the hotel (one of them is the Blue Parrot with the famous fire show on the beach) and when you are in the rooms, you don’t hear a thing. I was so surprised how quiet it is in the rooms. Since you are 1 block from the main street (5th Avenue), you don’t get all the loud walking traffic late at night. Most people walk on 5th Avenue at night. The street in front of the hotel is very quiet. El Taj also has a beach club and restaurant called Indigo with a great continental breakfast and where you can get a nice lunch on the beach on one of their beach beds. Basically, you get all the benefits of an expensive all-inclusive resort, because it is on the beach, has numerous restaurants within a 10 minute walk, entertainment all around you, but at a fraction of the price of a fancy all-inclusive resort. The great thing about the condo is that many of the best units have 2-3 bedrooms, so you can travel with other couples or families and when you split the cost of the hotel it ends up being a great deal. Also, by having a full kitchen, you can save quite a bit of money on breakfast and lunch and not have to dine out all the time. There are a number of grocery stores close by. Plus, you save on cab rides because you are in the heart of the city. Everything is walking distance. Check out the website to see the amazing photos of the hotel --- www.eltaj.com. I highly recommend this hotel for a nice, relaxing stay in the heart of Playa del Carmen. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: Beachfront is the best and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank LindaL_sf
Reviewed May 9, 2011

What a find. El Taj was a great surprise. My wife and I usually go the “all inclusive” route but I’m so glad we came here. Our condo was beautiful and we had such a great experience. We were only 2 blocks from 5th Avenue where all the great restaurants and shopping spots are. I would have never found these places if we were holed up at a typical hotel all week. I loved the pool areas but my wife likes the beach—the sand is like powder under your fee. Whoever built this place is a real designer. Every detail is perfect from the landscaping to the sculptures from Indonesia or wherever, it felt like you were on a private island. For restaurants, you have to try Casa Mediterraneo and the Monkey Cave—the food and service was 5 star.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank general0621
Reviewed May 3, 2011

...so I'm hesitating writing a review! El Taj was perfect!!!!!! The only minor minor minor issues were: loud music at night and no swimming directly in front of the hotel. The music was definitely bearable, and well worth the convenience to all the nightlife. The beach was also totally fine, we spent most of our days at Mamitas Beach (a 5-10 min walk from El Taj). Highly, highly recommended accommodations!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank chimigi9
Reviewed April 28, 2011

we have spent 10 fantastic days in this condo hotel on the extraordinary beach of playa del carmen. the apartment is great, very comfortable beds, excellent service, excellent food in the restaurant on the beach. very good place for kids and teens and the complete family,

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family