“Another great diving experience with Diversity”
Review of Diversity Diving

Diversity Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Diversity Diving is a dynamic & full service dive center with the primary focus on safety, personal service, and of course fun! If you are looking for fantastic scuba diving in Playa Del Carmen, spectacular walls in Cozumel, the mystic waters of the ancient Maya cenotes, or a personalized dive package...Diversity Diving has what you have been looking for. "You come as a guest, you leave as a friend"
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Wow!!! What a great operation. This was my second time diving with Diversity Diving. I finished up my open water certification 5 years ago with the original owners. So when we were planning another trip to Playa del Carmen, the first thought I had for diving was Diversity. I emailed them and got a response back immediately from them. They answered all my questions and put me on the schedule to dive. I had a few questions before I got there and they would always reply quickly.

As it turns out Jeff and Cheryl are the new owners of Diversity diving. After meeting them and talking for about 10 minutes I felt like we were longtime friends. They have a nice shop on 5th AVE and the equipment is in great shape. The launch area is a block down the street and we drove to it.

They took care of everything. They would pull the equipment, transport the equipment and the boat crew would event set up the equipment. Basically all you had to do was get on the boat and do a safety check on the equipment, then jump in and start blowing bubbles! The boat crew was so great that you would hand them your gear and before you could get in the boat they would have it all switched over to a new tank for the next dive. When you were finished they would pack up the gear and would store it for the next day.

I dove with a father and his two sons from St. Louis, Jeff, and Cheryl. Cheryl was the motherly type - always checking on us to make sure everything was ok. I have about 40+ dives under my belt but haven’t been in a couple of years because of being sick when I was planning on going diving. They made me feel comfortable and it was like I hadn’t missed a beat. I needed a little more weight and they were there in a minute to give up some of their weights.

I am not a huge fan of Mexico diving but these two changed that a bit. I am spoiled; I learned to dive in Curacao, where you can walk in on the beach and within 20 yards of the beach you were on an AMAZING coral reef. But Jeff did change my opinion on day 2 when he took me for a deeper dive to a basically untouched reef where many tourist divers don’t go. It was an amazing wall of coral with a decent current. I had never seen a wall like that in the Playa area before.
So if you are looking for an experience and some new friends then I would highly recommend Jeff and Cheryl at Diversity Diving. They will treat you right and you will have personal service. You will NOT be herded around on a cattle boat with too many divers.

I give them a 5 BUBBLE rating. It was truly a great experience.

Thanks Cheryl and Jeff!!!!

All reviews
"fantastic dive"
"marine life"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our family vacationed in Playa Del Carmen in June. One of the items on our bucket list was to go scuba diving.
All three of us were first timers.
I am so glad we stumbled upon Diversity Diving. They are
conveniently located on 5th street and are just a couple of blocks from the ocean. Not only
that they were only a few yards away from the resort we were staying.

That is just the beginning. Jeff and Cheryl made us feel like family. They were the utmost
professional yet their funny demeanor and passion for diving made us feel right at home.

I'm the thrillseeker of the family. But I'm not a great swimmer. I felt very secure with them leading our excursion. My
husband, is 61 and has never been diving. So for him he was really stepping out of his comfort zone. Again he had the best time of his life.

My son who is 11 stole the show. He felt so at ease under Jeff and Cheryl's care he outlasted all of us. He now
wants to pursue his certification.

Jeff and Cheryl run a very tight ship when it comes to safety and precaution. But you will have the time of your life - that's their business. We cannot wait to go diving with them again.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I visited Playa del Carmen with the goal to get our scuba certification, and it was a great trip! I was a little nervous about learning how to scuba dive, and it was important to me that we found a dive shop that offered a personal, high quality experience during our training. After spending time reading online about different dive shops in the area, we ultimately decided on Diversity Diving for our scuba certification. Our decision was based on the reviews that we read here on TripAdvisor, and our experience lived up to the great reviews that we read.

It was a phenomenal experience! Jeff and Cheryl were great to work with, and they were by our side every step of the way... helping us to learn about the equipment, safety techniques, and everything that we needed to know in order to get our Open Water Diver certification. We spent 4 days training with them, and I'm convinced that Cheryl is the best scuba instructor in Playa del Carmen!

After completing our certification, we spent a few more days diving with them, and we loved every minute of our dive trips. Their boat was the nicest dive boat that I saw on the beach, and the staff on the boat was very helpful to hookup our tanks and help us manage the equipment.

I was grateful for the personal touch that they offered during our training. I was a little nervous about the open water dives, and they helped me to relax and feel comfortable in the water. As I observed some of the other dive companies who were visiting the same reefs, I was grateful for the individual attention that Diversity Diving provided during our dive trips. Most of the other boats were loaded down with too many people, and they didn't have any shade or much room to move around the boat. On the other hand, the boat that we were on had a nice roof to provide shade in the hot afternoon sun, and there was plenty of room to move comfortably around the boat.

I highly suggest Diversity Diving, and we look forward to diving with them again on our next vacation!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Als voorbereiding al emailcontact gehad, en afgelopen April naar Mexico vertrokken. Aangekomen warm ontvangen en gestart met Advanced opleiding van Padi. Schitterende duiken gemaakt, goed verzorgd alles was geregeld vantevoren aangegeven om flessen met INT aansluiting en deze stonden klaar op de boot. De nieuwe eigenaren Cheryl en Jeff gaven ons een fantastisch vakantiegevoel. we kwamen als gast maar zijn weggegaan als vrienden.

In preparation we already had e-mail contact, and last April we left for Mexico. Arriving warmly received and started training with Advanced Padi. Beautiful dives, well looked after, and everything had been arranged in advance asked for bottles marked with INT connection and it stood ready on the boat. The new owners Cheryl and Jeff gave us a fantastic holiday experience. We arrived as guests but left as friends.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I am an advid Trip Advisor user and always do my research before going on trips so I give this review for all of you others out there that are reliant on TA for a good recommendation. This was our first ever cenote diving experience and we were in really good hands, start to finish. From before we even arrived, we were in contact with the Diversity Diving staff who were quick to answer all our questions and organize our dive. Can not emphasize enough how friendly and geniune the staff is and how highly we think of this dive shop. They gave us an incredible diving experience - Svenn is both smart and hilarious - and after they washed our gear and sent us on our way to a local Mexican restaurant that happened to be one of the highlights of our trip! They even paired us up with another couple who we became fast friends with. The staff went above and beyond in my opinion and we walked away very impressed.

Cenote diving was incredible - terrifying and amazing - but we felt safe and well looked after the entire time. As fairly inexperienced certified open-water divers, we are grateful to Diversity Diving for the memorable trip and are still struggling to find the right words to adequately describe what a fantastic time we had to all our friends and family!

1  Thank Sarah M