4,417 results
All reviewslos muralestime sharethomas moorelap poolstaco partydive balamprime rib nightall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttleorder off the menu
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I are Marriott Timeshare Owners and I always worry when we visit a non-Marriot resort. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the RH. Check in was smooth, we were greeted immediately by our concierge - Rolando. He walked us to our room which had not been cleaned (we were told this) but we were allowed to go in anyway. Some may not like this but it worked great for us. Rolando gave us an overview of what to expect from him during the week – and he delivered. We were invited and attended events on Sunday & Monday even though we were a little concerned that we might be pushed into sitting through a sales pitch. It was offered but never were we made to feel it was something we had to do - and we did not. Our room was a “lock off” room and was very, very nice, the food at the resort was good, and the pools and grounds were beautiful. Although "Alex" prevented much time in the water or the opportunity to take a trip to Cozumel it was a very nice vacation. For shopping or other dining choices Playa De Carmen is about a 15 minute drive. RH offers free shuttles at specific times – you are asked to make reservations as the number for each trip is limited or taxis are always available. If you like to relax and enjoy the sun without a huge crowd around the resort is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TNJN79
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The Royal Haciendas felt to me like a cruise ship dry-docked, everything you need is right there...if that's what you like. The grounds are nice, the beach is quite decent, the restaurants are ok, long story short if you are happy chillin' by the pool/beach with 200 strangers this is probably a great place for you. We generally prefer a smaller, less 'take care of everything' type of setting. If you do visit the Haciendas I suggest renting a car, there is nothing within walking distance, and the on-site bar, restaurants, etc close early.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My wife and I went here on our honeymoon and it was just simply amazing. Keep in mind that we tend to like to relax more than party and if that is your idea of fun as well, then this is a great resort. Amazing staff, always willing to help out. Immaculate grounds and great restaurants! We went to La Palapa del Sol for many of our dinners. This restaurant is right on the ocean with open design that lets the ocean breeze just surround you. Only a short free shuttle drive into Playa del Carmen. The hotel security were very good about advising where not to go to stay safe, it's nice to know that they cared about our well-being so much. I would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Maybe I'm jaded, but I wasn't exactly impressed. Maybe it had something to do with my iPod being stolen by the cleaning staff within an hour of my arrival. We were allowed to enter our room and change to go swimming. Upon my return no iPod. - even my colorful costume jewelry took a hike. I shook it off. My bad for not locking it up in the safe I guess. I was determined to have a good time anyway. Do go to the little welcome assembly you will be invited to by your concierge. It gives you an overview of what's to do and how to get around town. There is a complimentary shuttle that goes into Playa Mon-Fri. Taxis are $10 each way. Definitely do Tulum ruins and take your bathing suit. The water is gorgeous and irresistible. We mostly chilled at the resort so I can't give any dining tips other than stay away from the family style restaurant. Pricey for 1 1/2 star. Do yourself a favor and eat at the poolside restaurants. The grouper sandwich and shrimp wraps are to die for. The beach at the resort- well, the coral can be negotiated if you want to get in and enjoy the waves but DO wear water shoes. You can tear your feet up. Again, if sun and surf is what you seek, take day trips to Cancun or enjoy the beach at Tulum. If you're a fitness buff, be prepared to spend $8/day to enjoy the gym.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chula M
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed a week at the Haciendas this year and it was lovely. The rooms were excellently maintained and the staff was very pleasant. The beach was well-groomed and the water was warm and soothing. Their is a dive shop, Dive Balam, on site and you only have to walk to the boat. The staff is very experienced, professional, and very friendly. Had a blast.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple