We are writing this review from the resort itself, we have a full villa (two bedroom two bath) during November 15-22 2008, which we obtained through Interval International as an exchange.
I won't repeat all the things already said - but I would like to summarize pros and cons.
1) Beautiful apartments, modern kitchens, large balconies with jacuzzi, wireless internet in the rooms, the best timeshare apartments we ever saw.
2) Big pool, heated at night, the beach has fine white sand, with palapas and chairs available all day, palm trees on the beach look very exotic.
3) Staff is amazing, customer service is top as with all Royal Resorts in Cancun.
4) The place is spotless - apartments, grounds, beach, everything is cleaned and cleaned and cleaned every second of the day.
5) Free shuttle to Playa del Carmen, although reservation are required and the last departure from resort is early - 1 pm - and the last return from Playa is early - 6 pm.
1) The water at the beach is full of rocks but better than other places in Cancun (better than the Sands beach) and better than some other resort beaches on Riviera Maya itself.
2) This really depends on your taste, but for us, we are a couple in our 40's and it is too quiet for us - not many activities (for example at the Sands the atmosphere is much livelier). It is also pretty isolated, you have to get the shuttle to Playa or a cab for 10 dollars one way) to do something, and by the time you go to Playa and you come back, you can easily waste a half day.
3) The Air Conditioner is very noisy and we had tiny ants all over the kitchen.
4) The way they built the resort, with the U-shape units, the oceanfronts, which are very few (perhaps only 10-15% of the units are oceanfront), are very nice, but they block the view from all other units - we had the second best view in unit C317 right in the middle of Phase I, we could see the ocean between the buildings from a far distance, but it doesn't really make it to a true ocean view. Many units won't even get a glimpse of the ocean.
Overall, we may return to this resort when we plan to spend a week doing nothing but sleeping, having peace and quiet, and enjoying the sun and beach (with most swimming being done in the pool). We recommend it for retired travelers but not for teenagers, young people who like the night life (unless you are willing to commute to Playa back and forth).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico