The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Le Reve Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Sasha Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Cocos Cabanas(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Family Concierge at Paradisus La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
4,082 results
All reviewslos muralesrotunda bartime sharethomas moorelap poolstaco partydive balamall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttlepersonal concierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

From the time we arrived up to the day we left, the staff at Royal Haciendas was super efficient, very friendly and accommodating. We're planning our next trip just because our experience was simply outstanding.

Room Tip: choose penthouse with ocean view or first floor beach front
4  Thank Marissa L
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We just returned from The Royal Hacienda's in Playa Del Carmen. I can honestly say, it was the best Resort we have stayed at. The staff was awesome, and our contact at Royal Resorts, Liliana went above and beyond to help us have a great trip. The property was immaculate, as was the Villa we had. We ordered coffee from room service every morning, at it was delivered within 30 minutes. We had the "Refine" All-Inclusive package, which covered all expenses. Food, drinks, staff, beach, everything done right....We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael P
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I have been going to Mexico and specifically the Royals properties since 1989. The first 15 years sold me on buying into the Royal Haciendas properties in 2007. So I feel I can say the service to the "so called owners" have taken a back seat to the new AI influx of people.

Unfortunately I paid 45,000 up front for a 4th floor condo with over 1000.00 a year fees. Although I get this until 2056 (I should say my kids will get this) I feel that they have more than taken advantage of the owners. All the perks seem to be to the AI, candies, turn down service, robes...on and on..what do the owners get? Hassled to come dump another 2-4 grand into the signature club...what a joke..I have asked them not to bother me with that or their lame soaps they try to give us as a "gift" for the members...yet AI people get quite a few of them during their week stay. I have asked for the last 3 years not to even offer me that lame owners gift as they use to give out very nice plaques to hang on the wall back home to remind you of your home away from home. So If the management is reading this once again please do not offer me those lame gifts again because the concierge is the one that has to hear me roar..they always say its not their fault...but it is the companies fault for not listening to me as a owner.

Enough of my rant on the Royals Management, I will say I use my condo for building great vacations, I love the bedrooms and kitchen aspect because we do a lot of our own cooking while down there because the 3 restaurants to select from is not that great of food but the pool side food is good and Julio and Bernnardo are the best around and have been there for over 5 years. our family memories is great at the RC and RH over the years....just wish management would go back to the old days of whey they actually cared about us a owners...its not a home away from home anymore for us but it is a vacation destination.

Room Tip: get beach front or top level rooms with expansive ceilings....
5  Thank Scharrin
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just got back from a week and did all inclusive this time. We were not
disappointed. The food and service were tops. Room service was very prompt and
the selections on the all inclusive menu were huge. We enjoyed dining at the upscale
restaurant on property every night, but it was a bit inconvenient having to make a reservation
the night before only. We loved the quietness of the resort but were disappointed in the
seaweed on the beach. The staff were constantly removing it and I realize the weather and
currents are uncontrollable. The villa that we stayed in was gorgeous, well stocked with
drinks and coffee through the all inclusive, and in pristine condition. The grounds are
breathtaking and the pools and pool bars were always a great place to relax. Also plenty of
room to go to a quiet pool setting, since the grounds are so expansive. Everyone we met on staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. We will return!

Room Tip: We loved being on the first floor with the beautiful lawn.
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just returned from a week at RH (fri-fri). We did AI, reserved through Royal online. We loved RH for our family! The 2 bedroom villa was plenty of room for 5 of us. Pool was lovely. My husband doesn't like big crowds so he really enjoyed that this resort was large and we were not falling all over people. He enjoyed blackjack and Texas hold 'em activities. Dad and son played beach volleyball and loved it. We did have to move rooms once after the first Friday night but that was stated as a possibility in the RH information provided. Next villa was identical except ocean view was a little off to side instead of direct ocean view as from rear building (still nice ocean view from balcony). Staff were very nice - housekeeper left lollipops for the kids, which they loved. Staff works very hard at keeping everything nice and security staff is there all the time so you don't have any problems with rowdy drunks, noise or things like that (some shouts or kids rarely in evening but nothing bad). Restaurant where buffet is located is right on the ocean so view is awesome but it's not air conditioned just FYI, there is just the ocean breeze (fine for us, but felt bad for kitchen staff cooking over the hot grill - they could use a spot cooler or something). Food was very good and my teenage boy loved the buffet! Younger kids (8 and 12) were not so thrilled so AI may not be good for young kids or picky eaters (although there is a variety and they can order off menu and get chicken nuggets, which is included). We had rental car so did not need any shuttles. Kayaks have to be reserved in advance (a day ahead). Kids loved snorkel equipment and wore the masks and flippers all week (every picture they are in mask :)) Take DVDs as TV has very few english shows. Nobody really told us about keeping the yellow receipt copies until later - keep the yellow receipt copies you are given (make sure you get them) to alleviate any arguments about returned towels, sports equipment, etc. Sports desk/towel desk not great at keeping track so you need to have yellow receipt to prove your returned (don't send kids up to get/return equipment - they don't know to get the receipt). We did tip staff although included. No pressure by concierge on timeshare - we just declined and that was that. Beds are great and comfortable but AC is loud - we bumped up to reduce turning on/off. Any surcharges are pretty clearly stated so not a surprise (just had on some menu items at steak and seafood restaurant and prime rib buffet night). Kids activities may have small charge ($3 for braided bracelet that they keep). Overall an excellent relaxing stay! We were sad to leave!

Room Tip: Rear buildings have good view (G, C). We were in G. Not sure about other buildings.
7  Thank KP2503