The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$753
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
4,156 results
All reviewslos muralesrotunda bartime sharethomas moorelap poolstaco partydive balamall inclusive packageall inclusive guestsfull kitchenwelcome partyshrimp tacosall inclusive planpool barroom servicefree shuttlepersonal concierge
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The minute our driver opened the door and we set foot on the grounds of the Royal Hacienndas; we were approached with excellent service. We were told by one of their greeters no more worries we will take care of everything. AND THEY DID JUST THAT. The staff at the Royal Hacienda made our vacation a great experience. They helped manage all of our outings down to the smallest details. The resort was beautiful and very clean, The food is great!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just returned from one week at the Royal Haciends in Playa del Carmen. My wife and I are Royal Members with a yearly unit at the Royal Islander but decided to try the Royal Haciendas this year along with their all inclusive meal plan (Refine).

Just a few overall comments regarding the property:

1. It's consistent with the other "Royal Resort" properties regarding service, decor, staff,and friendliness.....you will be find it to be first class plus.

2. Even though it's relatively close to Playa del Carmen...it's still a $14.00 taxi each way or $3.00 each way for the 4 mile trip with the very limited resort shuttle....so be prepared to spend a lot of time at the resort. It's different from the Cancun based Royal Resorts in regard to proximity to the wide selection of other restaurants, attractions, clubs, etc. on the Cancun strip.

3. The "Refine" all inclusive plan cost us $69.00/day per person as members for the week. The rates are slightly higher for non-members. The only issue is limited eating venues (Los Morales, Palapa, and outdoor grills). Los Morales is casual formal (dress shorts from men are OK) and requires reservations....the meals are pretty much all seafood with limited non-seafood items. Great atmosphere and service...food was very good.... not excellent. The Palapa tries its best to change the buffet menu each day....but it's still basically a buffet. You can however order off of a fixed menu but it's a challenge to coordinate eating together when some of your party is on line for the buffet and you are waiting for your menu meal. Food was good and consistent. Bottom line...if you intend on eating all three meals every day and ordering several drinks...this plan more than pays for itself. If you want to watch your meal consumption and perhaps sample the local fare in Playa then avoid this plan if you can (members have the option to participate or not in the plan). Beverages using the Refine plan are FANTASTIC! Almost any drinks within reason are included in the plan with no questions asked.

4. Pool and beach areas are a definte plus for this resort. The beach is beautiful and the ocean waves are small due to a reef offshore so it's easy swimming. The two large infinity pools are amazing with swim up bars!

Bottom line....it's a great resort and lives up to the first class "Royal Resorts" experience. Location is kind of isolated (which you might find a plus) with limited food venues on site but it's very close to the eclectic town of Playa del Carmen. Fantastic option for families!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed over Memorial Day, 2014. I had never been to Mexico and didn't know what to expect. The pushy people at the airport were annoying but once we got outside and caught our ride with Best Day Travel (extremely nice and helpful group), we were on our way. The resort is about a 40 minute drive from the airport. we were greeted and checked in and met our "conceirge," Caleb. He went over the property amenities with us and (we think) upgraded our room since we were on our honeymoon. Seemed very helpful. He took us to our room and then began his speil on the "ownership" which we knew we were not at all interested in. He pushed and offered $100 off our bill, free massages, a $99 vacation, etc. We stood firm and said we weren't interested and if we were to vacation again, it would be an all-inclusive anyway. That pretty much shut him up. Unfortunately after that, he really didn't do another thing for us the whole trip.
The room was really nice - big living room with 2 murphy beds, table to eat at, full kitchen, big bedroom with abundant closet space. double vanity and large shower. Whirlpool bathtub on the balcony! More private than it sounds, actually. We went straight to eat at the "main" restaurant in the middle of the resort and it was lackluster to say the least. Later we tried room service and it was decent. We scored the next day at the two pool grills with some kind of amazing dish they call "shrimp cocktail." It's not like shrimp cocktail here... it was incredible. We both had it every day at lunch! The drinks were definitely better at the swim-up bar and the bartenders were great. We ate at the "fancy" restaurant one night "Los Murales" and it was just okay too. Food was not stellar, save the shrimp cocktail, but drinks were good and plentiful.
The beach was lovely. Didn't have ANY problems getting beach chairs or pool chairs. We relaxed in the hammocks one afternoon and fell asleep. The resort was beautiful. The hallways to the rooms were a little gloomy but not a game-changer. We did make the mistake of going into town (5th Avenue) to "shop" and I hated it. People yelling at you from every direction. Even during dinner had 2 different people approach us and ask to play songs for us (for money, of course). It was beyond annoying to me and we left pretty quickly. I had said I had no desire to leave the resort and I should've stuck with that! Shopping was the only negative experience and it had nothing to do with the resort. We would go back, but I'd rather try a different Royal resort next time, just to expierence something else.

Room Tip: We were in room F338-A, On the 3rd floor so we had the best of both worlds with a nice view of the resort and the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jylatham
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We arrived today at 130 pm. We have been using Royal Resorts in Cancun since 2002. Thomas Moore Travel...as expected=great!! Check in at RH--Seemed like someone new. Didn't give directions to room until asked, check in took extended length of time etc. Late lunch by pool=EXCELLENT. Galdino was excellent. At pool later---not great. Ignored for about an hour, then went to pool bar...ignored for another 15 minutes...at closing of pool tab waited by pool bar for 30 minutes and we were PAYING. All inclusive hadn't even started yet. Then at grocery in RH, I accidentally placed a bottle of wine in cart with protective cover not up. It shattered at my feet. I felt bad and said I would pay for the wine. Someone came immediately to clean up but did not assist me with clean up of my legs. I had wine up to my shorts and shards of glass on feet and ankles...no one brought a towel or helped me. I ended up walking carefully through the rest of our grocery trip and only sustained a couple of cuts to feet from glass..I dropped the wine after all. I did buy an additional 3 bottles of wine and payed for broken bottle as it was my fault. I write this now on my first day of our vacation as I've always over 12 years time had the BEST experience and know that coming here always offers that. But I fear that with the all inclusive, some of the excellent service is lost and the bragging rights for the Royal Resorts is a lost cause. I'm disappointed in the first 8 hours. Maybe it will improve.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Rhonda L
Cristóbal G, Online Community Administrator. at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We offer our sincere apologies for not being able to fulfill your expectations during the first days of your stay. We have been notified that management has contacted you and our commitment is to improve your experience during the rest of your stay. Hopefully when you arrive home you will be able to tell the whole story and not only the first day's one.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We've stayed many locations in the Riviera Maya and our favorite are the Royal Haciendas. Many of those who stay here are owners who have a specific unit for a specific time period, so they will tend to take exceptional care of the villas and property. They also tend to be "low key." I never feel that the pools or beach are over-crowded. The amount of real estate for this property is quite large for the number of units.

The grounds are immaculate. The service exceptional. This property is owned by a family here in Mexico. Their resorts are all very well done - high quality decor, spacious, incredibly clean and well-maintained. They seem to hire people who love their jobs and are friendly and accommodating. Many resorts in the Riviera Maya hire month-to-month. At the Royals, the staff earn their permanent position in a relatively short period of time. It shows in the quality and attitude of their employees.

We love how comfortable this resort is. We usually use a full villa, sleeps 6 comfortably (king and two doubles in the bedrooms. 2 murphy pull-down beds in the living room).

Playa is a short, $12 cab ride away. This resort is just north of Playa. Plenty of beach and lovely pools for adults, children and lap swimmers. There are 2 dining restaurants and 2 outdoor poolside grills. Food here is quite good. The ceviche and lime soup are my favorites. You are also located conveniently for less than 1 hour drives to some amazing beaches, snorkeling, Akumal, Cancun, Puerto Moreles - north or south - you can get there fairly quickly.

We love the location, the comfort, and the wonderfully friendly staff!

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice. Though all rooms have the same layout and furnishings and are remarkably soundproof. Really does not matter. Top floor is more expensive with higher ceilings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends