This was our first trip to Playa del Carmen, and my husband and I prefer to stay at AI resorts. We consider ourselves to be picky and enjoy quality places and experiences.
This took a bit of time, but nothing out of the ordinary. We were checked in within 20 minutes (we arrived on a Friday), and did not have to move rooms on Saturday, so we were excited!
We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite, which was PERFECT for our 4-person family! My husband and I loved the large room, comfy bed, and huge closets. The kids enjoyed the murphy beds. We couldn't have asked for a better set up for this trip. We did not use the kitchen, but our fridge was filled with beverages regularly. The jacuzzi on the patio was awesome - the kids loved it!
The buffets are good. Not spectacular, but there is so much to choose from that even the pickiest of eaters can find something to eat! Plus, there is a menu from which one can order if the buffet is not appealing. La Palapa del Sol, the pool-side restaurant is great for lunch! Los Murales is a MUST visit. The presentation of food is gorgeous and it tastes amazing. We visited once toward the end of our trip and wished that we would have done so sooner. Definitely eat there! Room service was great! The desserts (chocolate cake and brownie) are fantastic!
Yes, people reserve lounges here starting around 8am. However, plenty of people came to the pool area throughout the day and had no problem finding seats. Our group chose to go in the morning and stay for the day. My one complaint about the pool area is that the music playing in the area was laced with profanity (it is American pop music, and, unlike the radio versions, did not bleep out the swear words). With all of the kids around, I didn't appreciate this. This also happened in the restaurant.
Yes, you have to show your room card to check out towels and when you eat. Honestly, this was not a hassle at all, and I think that the people who complain about this are a bit ridiculous. At the bar, you can show your card to open a tab for the day. When you leave, just sign your tip and go! Definitely not a big deal; surprising that some think so.
We were pleased that there were two options here: drop off (babysitting) or just activities. We preferred to vacation with our kids, and didn't want to drop them off to be babysat. We loved that we could accompany them to many activities and have fun with them!
There are shows that happen in the evenings in Phase 2. The fire show was great! The acrobatic show, however, seemed more like a PG-13 Britney Spears video. The music was not kid-friendly, nor were some of the dances performed. We left this one early; it was awful!
We will definitely return to The Royal Haciendas - it was awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico