Back from 2 weeks of my 5th annual vacation to the Royal Haciendas. It's been a slow decline from the exemplary service of previous years. The biggest problem is the poor internet service which is posted as "free". If you want to try to read your emails it is free (and painfully slow). Otherwise it is $79 per device per week! So if my villa has 6 guests, all with at least 1 device (cell phone, iPad, laptop, etc) we will ALL be paying for better connectivity. As an owner I find this deplorable. We are in the 21st century. Starbucks and Panera have free hi-speed internet...can't this resort? In addition, service at all of the restaurants was lethargic. The wait-staff remains the same and they are lovely, but there appears to be a decrease in the number of staff. I shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes to just get a menu at the poolside restaurant. This was followed by a 40 minute wait to get a Ceaser salad. We killed an hour at this restaurant when we thought we'd be having a quick lunch then back to the pool. The quality of the food remains above average except for Los Morelos, but the service has lost it's elegance. Many features of previous years (table side food prep) have been eliminated since becoming an "all-inclusive" as well. Watch out for the hot-tubs which now double as kiddie-pools despite adult-only signage. The rooms are looking tired with nicks and scratches and peeling paint. The resort needs to decide if it's going to be a time-share or an all-inclusive...it's unknown identity has removed it's character and charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico