“Good family type resort”

The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #49 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Service by staff alittle inconsistence. Very low pressure to buy time share. Great way to sell prospective buyers. All inclusive plan is ok you may have to ask for items at times. Information not volunteered by staff what is included and what is not. Resort adds surcharges to certain food items and drinks. No surcharge added if you not on all inclusive. I find that to be inconsistence with their welcome home and family attitude

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Deltacapt
There are newer reviews for The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This my third visit to the Royal Haciendas and my past visits were really great. However, they have changed their WiFi provider and now internet connections speeds are slower than I ever experienced in the old dial up days. I have talked to many others with the same complaint.

We have spoke with the manager of guest services and he said he would look into it. He also asked if the speed was better in the reception area and I found it was just as slow. I also ran some ping tests and found a loss of data packeys along with varying travel times and jitter.

It takes minutes to download a simple text email and many web pages will not load. In this connected age this type of service is unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TequilaChaser
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Royal Haciendas Resort is a great place to relax; being in Playa Del Carmen is less stressful then being in the area of Cancun that seems very crowded. The pool and beach are clean and the resort offers fee Wi-Fi. Great atmosphere if you’re looking for a great place to relax. The only negative is the resort only has two restaurants. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchen and there is a small market on site, so you can stay in and cook. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We extended our vacation after staying one week in Cancun at the Royal Islander and we went to the Royal Haciendas in Playa Del Carmen. The villas were spacious and comfortable. I was extremely happy that the pool bar was in the sun. This vacation recharges me so I can return to work with enough energy to last until my next vacation. I was able to sleep at night and take a nap during the day. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous. We are definitely going back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rlhutch
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Royal Hacidendas is an amazing place. The resort is very well kept and the staff is helpful and courteous. The beach and pool area are wonderful and there are always chairs available. The villas were beautiful and well maintained. If you are looking for a place to relax, this is the place. If you are looking for a place, where there is exciting entertainment nightly, you might be disapointed. Because we spent all day in the sun, we were ready for bed early, but those who would rather party, would need to travel to Plya.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank negotiator2010
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We are returning to RH in Feb 2013 because we had such a great stay a couple of years back. I have been reading the comments about the new all-inclusive status of this resort. I am going to remain optimistic because it was such a beautiful and well-run hotel. I do have to say that I am not expecting the atmosphere to be what you find in many all-inclusives...busy, touristy and somewhat tacky because the RH is really more geared for the vacationer who is not looking for all of the pomp and circumstance found at those other resorts but rather a relaxing and more subdued atmosphere which is what we are after. If we wanted nightclubs and over-the-top buffets we would not go here...we will again be traveling with 2 teens and they also enjoyed the quiet nature of this resort and we will again make short excursions to Playa for local cusine and shopping when we feel like it...again, to those looking for a carnival type atmosphere I don't think you will like it at RH but if you want a beautiful room, immaculate grounds and exellent service in a quieter hotel then I think you will not be dissapointed...I hope we will not be because our last trip there was so nice. I will post again after our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "left" side of the resort if you are facing the ocean which I believe is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Haciendas in Feb 2012, the resort itself it beautiful and well manicured. The rooms are beyond expectations-georgeous with a great view.
Unfortunately there is only one good restaurant on the property-it was very high end and now that they are all inclusive there is no way there will be able to maintain that level of quality or service leaving you with only the buffet. Drinks were just OK and the pool bar has excruciating slow service.
The shuttle is nice if you can get on it, it is small and does not run very often-if you plan on staying out after 8PM you will pay 15-20US$ to get back to the resort.
I am very disappointed, I chose this resort because it was not AIl Inclusive, will not be returning now.
Royal resorts-feel free to respond!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple