“A MUST GO !!!”

The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #48 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went with my parents ....being that was first-time for me .. I was greeted by a great- staff of people , the conceirge, the maids , bell-boys , etcc.. the Resort was great , the landscape, the villas , everything !!!. . Great snack-bar , great restuarants, beyond 5 stars . I definately recommend this resort to friends & others for a great-vacation ...especially in Playa-Del-Carmen ....

Room Tip: If you get a villa (room ) on 2nd Floor or 3rd Floor .. you will be treated to great views of the Re...
1  Thank Kevin K

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Perfect location, beautiful villas,excellent service,good privacy and wonderful destination.

plan your week with your concierge, it helps you a lot to save time and they always recommend the best. Many activities for kids, play the golf course, is great!!, and diving is amazing with dive balam!!.

Room Tip: beach front ground floor units are fabulous!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Olaf G
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel was a dream. It was a kind of expansive, but the room were AMAZING. Huge, very beautful and totaly luxury!
The property is very well maintened and the beach is very nice.
The pool.. is an attraction !! I will FOR SURE ... return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Murchelon
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The PROS:

1. The beach is fantastic for snorkeling and the snorkeling equipment is free! We saw lots of lobsters, little crabs, rock fish, trumpet fish, barracudas, sting rays, black and yellow moray eels, and various schools of fish, most of which seemed to come out right before sunset.

2. The 1 bedroom is spacious, has a whirlpool on the balcony, and is very nice overall. We had a room that faced the beach so our view was pretty awesome.

3. There are two separate pools for the kiddos and lots of hammocks. Both large pools have swim up bars and shallow spaces for wading and sun bathing at the same time. There are also two big, warm jacuzzis (not hot).

The CONS:

1. The look of the resort's exterior is kind of blah overall -- definitely doesn't feel "royal."

2. The check out process is not very coordinated and was quite a pain for us. Make sure you get a ticket proving you returned your towels and any equipment or you will have problems checking out (we did). When you check-out, make sure they give you a check-out slip or you'll be stopped by security (we were) and have to go back to the reception desk. We were able to resolve this but it was very inconvenient.

3. This place is a $10 US cab ride to downtown one way. There is a free shuttle that leaves and picks you up but you have to reserve it early, it may be booked, and it only comes a few times a day. The first shuttle leaves at 10am and the last shuttle at 6pm with no return shuttle after that which didn't really work out for us when we wanted to get an early start or stay late.

4. There is no hot water for showers. This wasn't a big deal for me since it's hot out and I like warm showers but this was a little annoying for my husband who will take a hot shower in the middle of summer. This may have only been our room but we'll never know because it didn't bother us enough to complain about it.

I should also mention that whenever you leave, they will ask you where you're going which I thought was a little eerie and made me wonder if there were safety issues I should be concerned about. The food at the restaurants was just OK, nothing to die for. With all that said, I would still recommend this place as long as you know the few possible down sides.

Room Tip: One bedrooms have a whirlpool!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JJFriday
Reviewed September 10, 2012

At the Royal Resort I feel so relax; there is always a kind person helping you.
The staff is very professional but behave like a family, always a smile in their faces.
The facility is excellent. Easy to be in the pool with children.

Room Tip: Excellent place for families. At the beach you can swim or snork with your children safely. IIf y...
1  Thank mytrip1984
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I exchanged my membership that I own at the Royal Mayan. We stayed with family at the Royal Haciendas for week 35, beginning of September, like always, the Royal Resorts showed why they are the number one on the vacation ownership industry.
Cancun and playa del Carmen, with their white sandy beaches, turquoise warm waters, great infrastructure and friendly people, proved, why they are the number one tourist destination in the caribbean.
Our maid “Angelica”, bartenders, waiters, everybody do they job with a big and genuine smile.

The resort is very accommodating and I can not think of a better place for divers, their dive shop "Dive Balam" with their fantastic staff makes the diference!

Playa is a fascinating culinary experience and there is so much to do, I met people that have come for the past ten years and they still find something new to do.

Hopefully, you get to visit the Royal Haciendas and you get to love it, as much as I do!

3  Thank Edwi_M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have traveled the world over and stayed at many timeshares and have never felt so restricted and intimidated. One of the men out front, Gary, (there 5 days out of my 7) approached me my first day there and demanded to know where I was going by taxi. When I politely told him I felt it was none of his business he became very angry and threatening! He said I HAD to tell him. No way! I live in a free country and refused to tell him. He was horrid, pacing back and forth, raising his voice to me. When I complained to the front desk, they were polite but told me I'd just have to write a complaint to the management. I doubt they received it. I understand the need for security (most definitely NOT Gary's concern) and I understand that they don't want you going to visit other timeshares (ostensibly his primary concern). But having someone like him out front ... the management is irresponsible to condone this type of behavior and I should have been directed to the hotel manager immediately. I kept seeing him almost every day and if looks could kill...it was very threatening. I was afraid of him. I will NEVER go near the place again. My vacation was ruined by one bad apple. I actually spoke with some other guests (couples) that had similar experiences with the same guy, although not quite as nasty. Too bad. It is really a beautiful resort and most of the other employees were nice. I kept thinking I wouldn't have been treated this way if I hadn't been alone. Ladies stay away!!

Room Tip: some other place, probably downtown Playa
Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank Lee H
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest:

At Royal Resorts we make every effort to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay. Occasionally, our guests are invited to attend timeshare presentations with outside companies. The personal concierges provide information to help guide our members and guests and let them know what they should expect from any timeshare sales presentation in the area. This service is intended to be non-intrusive and merely to clarify what may happen during the sales presentation in order to manage expectations.

We truly regret that you felt you were not attended properly by the concierge during your stay and have followed up with staff members to ensure such a situation does not recur.

Warm regards,