First off, I had last traveled to this place in May 2011, not 2012. I had to choose one of the dates on the review box before submitting this. I have just now decided to write a review because I love this place and didn't realize how important reviews were when you're searching for vacations, honeymoons etc. In my case, a honeymoon search has led me to type this review because Royal Haciendas deserves it!!! I have been to this place with my fiance and his family every May for four years in a row. I love this place. The employees are SO NICE and always say "hola" when you cross paths. They work so hard to keep the grounds in perfect condition.
They always have some type of activity for everyone. My favorite is the ceramic painting. It's nice to get out of the hot sun every once in a while to get out some creative energy and have something to take home. If you're not a great painter, no big deal. They usually paint accented designs on it to make it look official ;) So then you look like you know what you're doing! hehe. They also have yoga in the morning and water aerobics.
I love the swim up bar and their food. The best thing is the shrimp wrap. It's to die for. They have a happy hour every day. So many drinks to choose from and all are soooo yummy. Even though there's a swim up bar, families and their children can still hang out in the pool without feeling like they're on a college campus. The pool is huge and can accommodate A LOT, I mean A LOT of people. There are 2 pools. A third one is being built I think... The pool area closes up shop a little early, but it's good for the people who want to have a beautiful quiet night and perhaps take a romantic stroll on the property or on the beach. There is a bar in the Rotunda to get some drinks if you're still up for the social mood. Not to mention, they do have two restaurants on the property. They are both great. La Palapa has a different themed buffet for every night. I love them all. No complaints!!!
The rooms are SO CLEAN and spacious. There are some units with full kitchens. You really feel like you're hanging out in your home away from home. It's so hard to leave when your vacation is finished. Seriously. I love it here. They even have a little store to buy food to cook in your kitchen, sunblock, toiletries, etc.
The resort is only about 10-15 minutes away from the downtown area. You can usually find a cab to take you back to the resort for $10 ($100 pesos). There are nightclubs, shopping, bars and restaurants. So many neat things. You can even take a ferry to Cozumel for a day trip. I love going to the Money Bar to lay out while everyone else snorkels. It's laid back and quiet ;)
All around, going to Playa Del Carmen is great. The resort is clean, friendly and a home away from home. I love this place and I'm sure you will too. You won't regret staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico