I am normally a "basic, clean & safe accomodations is fine for me" kind of traveler. But when we exchanged our time share and got to come to Royal Haciendas, I got spoiled really fast! The hotel/resort is very close to donwtown Playa del Carmen. We flew into Cancun and rented a car - about 40 mins drive. The resort entry way was breezy and beautiful. We checked in no problem and could not believe how big the property was. When we got to our room (3rd floor) we were blown away by the size - full size kitchen with dishwasher, full fridge, granite countertops, coffemaker, toaster, blender, everything...full living room flat screen TV, 2 murphy twin size beds, full master King size bed with full bath (no tub)....but that was fine because the terrace had a jacuzzi/ hot tub! We had the main unit - the attaching unit has 2 queen beds. Seems like every room has a view of the garden grounds, the spacious, clean and heated pool and you can even see the ocean! The pools were fantastic and so was the beach with chairs and palapa shelter. Security around at all times. The grounds were immaculate, hammocks for lounging, different restaurants & bars. The food at the swim up bar was tasty and well priced. Even the little store on site had cold cerveza for sale at a reasonable charge.
We went to the grocery store Mega (skip Walmart, Mega is so much more authentic Mexico) in Playa and stocked up on some food so that we cooked breakkfast in the room, packed lunch for when we went to the ruins or cenotes and then ate out in downtown Playa (eat at El Fogon or Sandra's for authentic Mexican delicious food).
The place is definitely for family types and older peole - we are 40 and have a child, so it was fine for us. Spring breakers, I wouldn't stay here - quiet at night - not really the party scene.
I would 100% stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico