All reviews outdoor kitchen luna sol the swimming pool area hot water breakfast was included rooms are spacious front desk staff ferry to cozumel ceiling fan nice room small pool victor ave walmart stove beach refrigerator
Reviewed November 2, 2012

5 of us stayed there for a night, but we also came back to return a hire car there later. Both times the people on reception (Roberto and Nancy) were cheerful and friendly, and they couldn't have been more helpful, despite some of our unusual requests.
It is a beautiful hotel, with great rooms (with outside terraces) nice bathrooms, comfortable beds, lovley planting, and a gorgeous pool , complete with a clean and well-equipped poolside kitchen for the guests to use. There is always drinking water available, and in the mornings, free coffee .
It would be hard to think of anything bad to say about this hotel, except that it's hard to drag yourself away!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Lunasol Easter week 2012 and give it full marks.Its a small hotel with an excellent location,2 minutes from 5th ave.The pool area was very good with an outdoor kitchen so the kids can play while you prepare meals.The hotel,being small,also means there isn't to many people poolside.Rarely more than 3 or 4 people, so that's hard to beat.There's free coffee and that comes in handy for the early risers.The staff was one of the best in my many trips to Mexico,excellent English,very helpful and polite.There was always at least one in the front lobby,day and night.The price was very affordable for us,2 adults and 2 kids in one room.There was no noise issues at night due to location but still a very good area as local transportion,shopping and restaurants all within 2 or 3 blocks.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sllim52
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The price is more than interesting, ideally placed next to the 5th and 4th street ( The pumping heart of playa del carmen's night life) LunaSol has some of the frendliest personnel I've ever encountered, the room equipment could be better though, but the overall ambiance more than makes up for it , but then again if you go to playa Del carmen it's more than likely that you'll only be needing your hotel room to sleep at night ( or early in the morning ). I definitely recomend Lunasol.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank LordHenryWotton
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have 3 young children and stayed at Hotel LunaSol in January. It was an awesome place to stay. I would definitely recommend it for the following reasons: We felt totally safe and secure, it is tastefully decorated, it is very clean and tidy, there is a great little pool/garden area, it is in perfect location, and the staff were absolutely amazing in that they were professional, helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

While staying in Cozumel I visited Playa Del Carmen. I had planned to go for a day visit, but I enjoyed this Caribbean Beach Paradise so much that I stayed three days. To my good fortune, I found LunaSol Hotel, Fokes this place is the Bomb!!! Since I travel alone and on a budget, I was not expecting to find such an up scale, roomy and clean Hotel. My floor level room included a refrigerator, nice quite air conditioner safe, patio and a nice bathroom with seperate toliet and a walk-in shower large enough for three people. The patio included two chairs, table and over-looked a perfectly landscaped garden area. The entire Hotel was landscaped to perfection with shade trees, sitting areas and very, very clean. The Pool is exceptional!!! with two level water-fall and deep enough for diving. It included a childrens area and get this,was partly shaded with large shade trees and a complete community kitchen. This kitchen included a full size refrigerato, stove, micowave, tosters, blender, cooking untiles, dishes and silverware, sink and everyuthing you need for complete meals. I can't say enough good about this area to give it the justice it deserves. The service was also excellent. Eric the evening clerk was polite, knowledgeable of the area and helpful. This Hotel is about 2 1/2 blocks from the beach and 5th Street and Main tourist shopping area. Restauants, and services are all within walking distance. The price is less than a Motel Six in the states, This is my Place to stay from this visit forward. I highly recomend this Hotel. .

Room tip: Discuss price and room location.
Date of stay: July 2012