The landscaping of this place was amazing and beautiful. We stayed on the 2nd floor overlooking the forest so it was very quiet were we slept. The rooms were comfortable, the bathroom was very updated and clean. The house cleaners came in a couple times per day to bring fresh towels and stock our mini fridge. They always had a different towel animal put on our bed.
There was 6 different a la cartes to pick. Italian, French, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse, and I can't remember the last one. I'm writing this review for my stay in May of 2011. You could go down to the first floor and there was someone always there to book a spot for the a la carte. Just make sure you go down early enough around 8 or 9 am. You will always get in. The drinks and food were so amazing. The waitresses and waiters were very attentive.
The grounds were so well kept and beautiful and the pool area was very nice also. I liked sitting in the lounge chairs in the shallow part of pool. The part of the hotel we stayed at was quite far from the beach, we had at least a 10 minute walk to get there, but at least all the grounds landscaping was so perfect we enjoyed the walk each time. You could also take the trolley car there when they come by but a lot of times it was quicker to walk then it was to wait for one of them to show up. There was a few different pool areas, one close to the main building and a few by the beach. Now the beach area was average. I didn't find the water that nice, kinda dirty and dark and there was no snorkelling available on the resort, that might be why because of the murky water. But there is a beautiful grotto area not too far away that is specifically for snorkelling and I recommend that place, it was the best experience of my life. I think the name was Xel-Ha Park. It is considered one one of the 13 natural wonders of Mexico. You'll pay about $100 and that includes all activities there plus, all meals and drinks. A must see 100%.
The staff were mostly very friendly and helpful and the maid staff were certainly on top of things. We left them a good tip, they deserved it.
The main buffet area was huge with a big selection but I found the food very average and the same thing everyday. So make sure you book your appointments for the a la cartes, so worth it. The main buffet was never an issue for seating yourself, there was plenty of room.
The after dinner entertainment was pathetic. Really really disappointed. I expected way better for such an amazing place. We tried a few nights in a row to watch the entertainment but left early and never bothered after that. I've been to resorts in Cancun were the entertaining was awesome, even one night they did "Cats". This place lacks that great entertainment. That is pretty much my one star negative comment.
I would come back here but I never do that same place twice. I have the "been there, done that" mentality. We paid $1100 /person all inclusive, we got one of those last minute deals, so we got a great deal. I recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico