Awful place, decor from the 80s in the rooms. The beach was beautiful many years ago before the storms hit and now it's a very average view. The water is not nice. We were there in January this year. The place was suited for couples or young families who don't want to do anything and do not mind about their surroundings. Lots of mosquitoes in some of the rooms. The food was not so bad just gets repetitive. Another annoying thing is you have to book the all-inclusive restaurant the day before and you can not do it over the phone. Ridiculous! Also they clean the hall ways very early in the morning which disturbed the sleep of many guests. In the spa they slapped on a tip on my friends bill without asking.
Service was the most rude and aggressive that I have ever come across in my life. My firend ordered a movie in her room but the receiver broke after 7 seconds so we could not watch it. A service man came but could not fix it - we can not speak Spanish well and he could not speak English at all. We did manage to convey that we would speak to reception the next morning. On check out the next morning we were charged for it, we explained the situation but they did not understand and checked the logs which show the movie had started which it did but their logs do not log that we did not watch more than 7 seconds. Moreover, we asked them to check with the service man but they did not locate ther person who had come the night before. He would have been able to prove that the movie was not showing on the TV. They thought we were trying to not pay for a movie we had watched (I understand that some dishonest people would do this). This was NOT the case with us and the manager and staff were RUDE, threatening and aggressive. My friend was angry I do not deny but that is NOT customer service. The trouble was in my opinion that this was a language barrier BUT I was astounded by their rude aggressive behaviour. This is the worse hotel experience I have had. The rest of the qualities about the hotel are not worth mentioning. If you do go there walk left of the beach as far as you can go and there is a gorgeous beach which makes you realise what you are missing. Bluebay need some customer service training and upgrading to call this a 4 star. More like a 3 star but due to the service I would say 2. Go and stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico