I'm already planning my next trip!
This was such a great hidden spot, that is such a great value. I stayed with a friend in a Cabaña Tapanco, and it was such a fun surprise to find out that the our place had two rooms, and one you had to take a ladder to get to! It was like our own grown-up treehouse hotel! We had our own bathroom and shower that the staff cleaned every day.
The location I can't rave about more. Popol Vuh is literally steps away from the beach. Bad Boys Restaurant and Bar is right next door, which was such a fun bonus. It was days on the beach, and nights at Bad Boys.
If you want to truly experience Mexico, and you enjoy lots of beach time, good drinks, and fun nights, Popol Vuh is the spot for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Popol Vuh, one of the first affordable accommodation, nestled in the best location in Playa del Carmen. Half a block from Fifth Avenue and steps from one of the best beaches in the city. But being in the best location does not make it noisy, on the contrary, Popol Vuh is an oasis that will make you forget you are in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The garden surrounded by palm trees will offer you a feeling of peace and tranquility you are looking to relax. We have a kitchen that has everything you need to prepare your own food, as well as to organize a barbecue grill in the garden and a speaker where you can connect your iPod or any device and become the dj. We do not have a pool, but ¡hey!, remember that the beach is just a few steps. We have 2 wireless networks so you're always connected through to your mobile, laptop or tablet. At the reception you can print your boarding passes or anything you need. You only have to ask. Our staff will be always thoughtful to your needs and will provide you with the best tips for you to know the best places in town, you can reserve and buy any tour with them. Popol Vuh is for all types of travelers, whether you're traveling alone, with family, with friends or family. Our restaurant bar is located right in front and you can enjoy a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes, cold beers, margaritas and enjoy your favorite sports. We have 14 private rooms, we have a place for everyone. There are six rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, private bathroom and minibar; Three cabanas with private bathrooms and fans and five cabanas with fans and shared bathroom. Service daily cleaning and parking for up to three cars (if previously requested). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Popol Vuh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Popol Vuh Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Bed And Breakfast Popol Vuh
- Popol Vuh Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico