Yes, definitely great location. BUT: stained bed linen, holes in the towels, windows can’t be safely closed (shutters broken), wind blows sand into the cabana which covers just the whole room, most of the time only cold water, got a shower head only on the last night. Kitchen facilities are “open air” and pots/pans not very clean, washing up liquid non-existent. Breakfast (although actually a restaurant) includes, eggs, toast, coffee and cornflakes – so not more exciting than in any other hostel where you pay half the price. We know it is not a 5 star hotel, but we have been travelling now for 5 months and we feel it was the worst place concerning “value for money”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Popol Vuh, one of the first affordable accommodation, nestled in the best location in Playa del Carmen. Half a block from Fifth Avenue and steps from one of the best beaches in the city. But being in the best location does not make it noisy, on the contrary, Popol Vuh is an oasis that will make you forget you are in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The garden surrounded by palm trees will offer you a feeling of peace and tranquility you are looking to relax. We have a kitchen that has everything you need to prepare your own food, as well as to organize a barbecue grill in the garden and a speaker where you can connect your iPod or any device and become the dj. We do not have a pool, but ¡hey!, remember that the beach is just a few steps. We have 2 wireless networks so you're always connected through to your mobile, laptop or tablet. At the reception you can print your boarding passes or anything you need. You only have to ask. Our staff will be always thoughtful to your needs and will provide you with the best tips for you to know the best places in town, you can reserve and buy any tour with them. Popol Vuh is for all types of travelers, whether you're traveling alone, with family, with friends or family. Our restaurant bar is located right in front and you can enjoy a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes, cold beers, margaritas and enjoy your favorite sports. We have 14 private rooms, we have a place for everyone. There are six rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, private bathroom and minibar; Three cabanas with private bathrooms and fans and five cabanas with fans and shared bathroom. Service daily cleaning and parking for up to three cars (if previously requested). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Popol Vuh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Popol Vuh Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Bed And Breakfast Popol Vuh
- Popol Vuh Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico